Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is very strange. My new X is vastly quieter than my 2018. I wonder if some of the sound deadening materials were left out. I have no idea how to check that out. Is it wind, or road surface noise? The automatic noise cancelation feature is somewhat effective against road surface noise, although I found it is not highly useful.
Seems road noise to me. I’ll schedule an appointment for them to check it out.

The headaches don’t stop. Now that I have a new VIN and the other one they gave me needed extensive repairs off the factory line, I went to update BofA who already paid Tesla based on the other VIN and they are telling me I have to cancel my loan and start over….I told them to f$&@ off and hung up. I am at a loss and will just make payments on a loan for a wrong VIN. I am having my personal banker that I work with look into this. Any one have any suggestions?

The headaches don’t stop. Now that I have a new VIN and the other one they gave me needed extensive repairs off the factory line, I went to update BofA who already paid Tesla based on the other VIN and they are telling me I have to cancel my loan and start over….I told them to f$&@ off and hung up. I am at a loss and will just make payments on a loan for a wrong VIN. I am having my personal banker that I work with look into this. Any one have any suggestions?
wow Why do they make it so hard, on the other hand if you default they won’t be able to Repo the one you actually have

First time posting, but have been watching this thread for a long time.

June 2021 LR order. Black/black/22”/6-seater/FSD. Seattle

I’ve been in my EDD range 5 times — including 4 times in the past 2 weeks, then today (again, 2-days inside my EDD range), my EDD pushed to Dec 2022-April 2023. Still no VIN. I did get the trade in text back on August 8.

Any hope I still get my MX before end of quarter? It seems like the Dec - April range is more of a place holder.

Here’s a recent history of my EDDs (a few changes were not captured, but close enough). I was so hopeful with this amount of adjustment and narrowing with date range so close that I was for sure on the verge of my VIN! So disappointed to see it push out so far again!
  • On March 10 | EDD: March 11-March 31 (first time I hit my EDD range)
    • Pushed out a few times between here and next milestone, but I didn’t capture each
  • May 19 | Dec 2022 - April 2023
  • May 21 | July 12 - Aug 23
  • May 28 | July 18 - August 29
  • July 4 | Sept 1 - Oct 27
  • August 8 | trade in text received
  • August 8 | August 20- Sept 10
  • August 21 | August 24 - Sept 13
  • August 23 | August 26 - Sept 14
  • August 27 | August 30 - Sept 20
  • August 31 | Sept 3 - Sept 20
  • Today (Sept 5) | December 2022 - April 2023
This is hard to fathom.
Why keep moving the goalposts? Why mention trade in if they are not ready to sell you a car? I have been waiting a few months longer than you (About to hit 1 year and 7 months) and the only communique I have received is the one where they ask if you are sure you still want the car. That in itself is bizarre but at least the have not teased me with with an EDD of the day!

Add me to the list of long suffering delayed deliveries. I just got a notification from Tesla that my LR X with VIN is being delayed because of a train issue. I am in the DC area
When is/was your delivery originally scheduled for?
When did they notify you about delays?
My delivery is scheduled for Monday. I'm waiting to sell current car or to get the $ to Tesla for the new X until I can verify the car exists and is actually here (nova).

VINNED today! 7SAXCBE50NF360xxx

Late June/2021 order, W/W/20/5, EDD was 9/8-9/29, now 9/18-9/20. Surprising it's taking 10 days since I am in SoCal which I think usually takes only 5 days.

This is actually my 3rd chance to get the car, first was end of March where I was offered by the SC for EOQ push. Second time was end of June, where I got a VIN but since no one is home to inspect the car, I had to decline.

Hopefully, you all west coast May/June orders will get VINNED in the next 2 weeks.

How to contact a human at Tesla re delivery??? “Preston” in text msg says reply yes if I understand his terms or questions. I have heard nothing for three days. my original pick up was Kansas City. Preston says Iowa. there is the difference is 400 miles from home vs 500 miles. Gimme a break. How to a reach a person? Theoretical delivery is next week but I don’t know where and they want full payment sight unseen. Please advise! My anxiety is sky high. Now delivery says Sept 10-16. the only day I can get a ride going that far is the 19th. got to talk to human! No bots!

• Love
Reactions: timberlights
Be careful title, registration etc have to match up and if Bank paid for a different car I'm not sure how that will work or not.

Add me to the list of long suffering delayed deliveries. I just got a notification from Tesla that my LR X with VIN is being delayed because of a train issue. I am in the DC area
Watch with EOQ rush they don't pull your VIN and give to someone closer to get the delivery out. I wouldn't pay until the car is at your DC.

Reactions: Elixir
How to contact a human at Tesla re delivery??? “Preston” in text msg says reply yes if I understand his terms or questions. I have heard nothing for three days. my original pick up was Kansas City. Preston says Iowa. there is the difference is 400 miles from home vs 500 miles. Gimme a break. How to a reach a person? Theoretical delivery is next week but I don’t know where and they want full payment sight unseen. Please advise! My anxiety is sky high. Now delivery says Sept 10-16. the only day I can get a ride going that far is the 19th. got to talk to human! No bots!

Call them.

(888) 518-3752

Reactions: Vitaman
Delivery bumped up to tomorrow! I asked the local SC to send me pictures of the falcon wing doors. They look good in the pics

Attachments

• Door 1.jpeg
    Door 1.jpeg
    450.3 KB · Views: 114
  • Door 2.jpeg
    Door 2.jpeg
    490.9 KB · Views: 88