Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got maxed out coverage for the most part but chose to keep my collision and comprehensive deductible high at $999 + $0 glass for comprehensive, and $1999 collision. With this I got ~$1000 for 6 months with Progressive.
Ok, I’m feeling good! Thanks
Hard to compare as it depends on coverages, drivers, etc... however, for me GEICO is right around $100 / month with a perfect record and high deductibles.
Always good to have a general idea. That’s why I posted the location. I did low deductibles, rental coverage, etc.

Is your quote for the Plaid or LR?

That's really annoying they are estimating delivery for in 3 months then (in the app). Seems WAY off....
When I ordered mine (July 2021) they were estimating 5-6 months. I hurried up and installed a wall charger in December in preparation for delivery. Now it’s September and still no sign of when I’ll actually get mine. So basically, it’s always been way off

Last edited:
Those that submitted a ticket for adjustments/fixes after delivery, did they issue a cost estimate initially?
I submitted one thing to be looked at and they threw an $89 estimate... I assume that's for troubleshooting, but seems... silly.
Happened to me I sent a msg in the service chat and they fixed it. I think sometimes they don't click something that says it's under warranty.

After 617 days of waiting, we finally took delivery of our white/while 6 seater Model X on Saturday. The only issue we noticed was a slight misalignment of one of the falcon wing doors. It opens and closes fine but the gap next to the small window is pretty noticable on one side of the car.

Now that we've taken delivery, we expect all sorts of new hardware in the coming weeks. 😉 We can't complain though as we paid about $38k less than the current price. We had one of the first Model X with AP3 hardware back in 2019. I wonder if we had one of the last with AP3 hardware as well. 🤔

After 617 days of waiting, we finally took delivery of our white/while 6 seater Model X on Saturday. The only issue we noticed was a slight misalignment of one of the falcon wing doors. It opens and closes fine but the gap next to the small window is pretty noticable on one side of the car.

Now that we've taken delivery, we expect all sorts of new hardware in the coming weeks. 😉 We can't complain though as we paid about $38k less than the current price. We had one of the first Model X with AP3 hardware back in 2019. I wonder if we had one of the last with AP3 hardware as well. 🤔
Nice. Congrats!
How about the HVAC vent for the 3rd row? Many complain it barely works.

Hi guys! I ordered a Model X LR a few weeks ago. I honestly can't wait 6-12 months for delivery. It seems to be that long...? From what i've read, Plaid are getting delivered much sooner. Is it a thing? I'm really considering changing my order for a Plaid. Advice?
I originally ordered a MX LR in July and my initial estimate was Apr - June 2023. I switched to Plaid about a week later and my EDD is around the Nov - Dec. Looking at the spreadsheet, Plaid orders get fulfilled in about 3 months (give or take).

For me, I have a trade-in so waiting 6-12 months while my car depreciates was a factor. Plus given when I ordered the difference between a MX LR 6-seater and a Plaid was about $12k. So factor that in with the trade-in, you're looking to spend an extra few thousand just to get your car earlier (minus some range but boost in performance). Of course, your experience may vary, especially if you're in Canada.

It’s about time! Who wins the honor of having the oldest North American order without a VIN now that you’ve got one???
1663600732562.png

These are the last two day 1 NA orders without VINs. This person hasn't posted much in the forums, so not sure how accurate it is.