Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And on day 578... delivery!

First, I almost wish I hadn't read this forum so much, because I was prepared for so many things to go wrong. Delivery was perfect. 😆 I was returning a leased Model 3 and picking up my X at the same time, which I thought would be a hassle but it wasn't at all. The sales rep who helped me at Tesla Decatur was great, and he gave me plenty of time to check out the car, inside and out, before I accepted delivery. There are a few minor things like some ripples in the back seat fabric and a little bit of misalignment between the driver's side doors but I really don't care. After waiting so long, just getting the car without any major issues feels like a huge win.

There's not really anything new to see here, but seeing the pictures from folks who'd gotten their car was one of the things that kept my sprints up when I thought I'd never get mine. So here are a few quick snapshots. Once it's detailed and I get the front windows tinted I'll take some nicer ones.

IMG_9684.jpeg

IMG_9686.jpeg IMG_9678.jpeg IMG_9682.jpeg IMG_9677.jpeg IMG_9683.jpeg IMG_9685.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow my reservation that I put on hold last week just disappeared. I just lost a Model X after waiting 16 months. 😫 I texted Tesla but no response and I’m guessing they won’t help me get it back.
When you said you were putting it on hold, I was surprised they let you and didn't mention this was a possibility. The messaging when Tesla automatically put everyone on hold in July\August made it pretty clear that putting it on hold again would lead to cancellation. For others in this situation they didn't have any luck getting their order re-instated, but I wish you luck.

• Informative
Reactions: Hebert and stok1232
When you said you were putting it on hold, I was surprised they let you and didn't mention this was a possibility. The messaging when Tesla automatically put everyone on hold in July\August made it pretty clear that putting it on hold again would lead to cancellation. For others in this situation they didn't have any luck getting their order re-instated, but I wish you luck.
Yes I realized that an hour ago and now I’m coming to terms that I lost the Model X reservation for sure. My short term memory screwed me dearly. 😭 I wish someone would have told me I’m being stupid for putting a hold on it and taking a big risk. 😥

Picked up my white on white MX plaid with 22s on Tuesday from Tesla Camarillo.

The car is amazing! Well worth the wait. Panel gaps are amazing….car drove amazing and quiet and perfect in every way….nothing I could find to complain about except one tiny blemish on the passenger dash that I’ll let go and the driver side FW door is off ever so slightly. My question to everyone is….should I have that adjusted or leave it be….I’ve heard messing with them can cause disasters and everything is working so well but it does irk me. Attached some pics and any insight from my Tesla brothers and sisters would be most appreciated! Cheers.View attachment 852950View attachment 852951View attachment 852952View attachment 852953
Just an update for everyone....so I went to Tesla today and spoke to a trusted service guy who is friends with a buddy of mine and his exact words were...you will open up a can of worms....so I left it alone....it is hardly noticeable and that is one of the very minor things that were not perfection otherwise everything else has been amazing....so off for Xpel Stealth full wrap and ceramic coating....good luck everyone and well worth the wait!!!!

Reactions: Prairie and snappy1
Yes I realized that an hour ago and now I’m coming to terms that I lost the Model X reservation for sure. My short term memory screwed me dearly. 😭 I wish someone would have told me I’m being stupid for putting a hold on it and taking a big risk. 😥
Did you tell Tesla to put the RN on hold (not the VIN)?
If so, what does your Order Agreement say?
Are you allowed to put it on hold, for how long?
I would argue to reinstate the order if they breach the Order Agreement.

I just said to put the reservation on hold just like I did with my other cars and they said that’s fine.
My Order Agreement states:

Delivery; Transfer of Title. If you are picking up your Vehicle in a state where we are licensed to sell the Vehicle, we will
notify you of when we expect your Vehicle to be ready for delivery at your local Tesla Delivery Center, or other location as
we may agree to. You agree to schedule and take delivery of your Vehicle within three (3) days of this date. If you do not
respond to our notification or are unable to take delivery within the specified period, your Vehicle may be made available
for sale to other customers. For new vehicles, if you do not take delivery within thirty (30) days of our first attempt to
notify you, Tesla may cancel your order and keep your Order Fee.

And:

If you have a concern or dispute, please send a written notice describing it and your desired resolution to
[email protected].

• Informative
Reactions: Jz77 and stok1232
Tesla has really improved the quality of the X production line. My new car is flawless, panels, inside and outside. Well except it doesn't have floor mats, but mobile service is bringing me those Friday.

There have been so many upgrades since my 2018, this version is heads and shoulders better. The continuous innovation really shows.
That's really great to hear. I get my car on Thursday and have my fingers crossed that our experience will be the same.

The Tesla VIN gods frowned on me today 😔 EDD now Nov 30 - Jan 25.
Trust me this is usually a good sign. My delivery estimate bounced to something very very similar a few days from the start of my EDD. I was of course bummed. But 3 days later I got my VIN and my delivery date is 9/22. When the delivery estimate changed my car was already built and I guess being transported to Texas for delivery. So keep up your spirits - you may be close to the end! You can look through my previous posts cause I announced when my dates changed for reference.