Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
5E7E9BD3-F16B-457D-AED2-533F92F4F260.jpeg

😑this is great I woke up to a vin number this morning and then seeing our edd change to 9/28-10/5 from 10/20-12/5. I decided to secure financing at 4.49% (as of today 9/28)seemed like the best and quickest route to lock a loan there. So Tesla double txted me an hour later to confirm home delivery(the only option available). They only gave me 2 options for home delivery dates thurs or Friday. Now we have a scheduled delivery for Friday.
Our agent quoted us $179/month for insurance. Should I shop around for a better quote? My timeline is tight 😐

View attachment 857933
😑this is great I woke up to a vin number this morning and then seeing our edd change to 9/28-10/5 from 10/20-12/5. I decided to secure financing at 4.49% (as of today 9/28)seemed like the best and quickest route to lock a loan there. So Tesla double txted me an hour later to confirm home delivery(the only option available). They only gave me 2 options for home delivery dates thurs or Friday. Now we have a scheduled delivery for Friday.
Our agent quoted us $179/month for insurance. Should I shop around for a better quote? My timeline is tight 😐

You can always change insurance companies later, but that is 3x what I pay for my Model S Performance.....

View attachment 857933
You can’t compare your insurance premium with other’s without knowing the kind of coverage you have for $179/month. Someone else might have lower premium but a much higher deductible. Also, your driving history will affect your premium greatly. The only thing you can do is to shop around and find the lowest premium, which you can still do very easily even after you get your car. For myself, Tesla Insurance has the lowest premium (as long as I can maintain a good safety score). But I know that for some other people Tesla Insurance is not the lowest.

You can’t compare your insurance premium with other’s without knowing the kind of coverage you have for $179/month. Someone else might have lower premium but a much higher deductible. Also, your driving history will affect your premium greatly. The only thing you can do is to shop around and find the lowest premium, which you can still do very easily even after you get your car. For myself, Tesla Insurance has the lowest premium (as long as I can maintain a good safety score). But I know that for some other people Tesla Insurance is not the lowest.
$1000 deductible $179/month
$500 deductible $200/month

So many factors, your credit score, education level, guy/girl, coverage limits, driving hx, etc go into that rate. Most insurances let you put a new car on for 30 days without even updating your insurance and will insure at current rate. I had geico, went to progressive saving $150/mo only paying about 80/mo with full coverage but again those things above all play a part. State you live in also plays a big part, no fault states traditionally pay more.

Resale is terrible. I bought my 2022 MX Plaid for $132k OTD figuring that I could drive it for a year and sell for what I paid. As the market started to dive six weeks ago I started checking all the wholesale channels and found offers as low as $99k at Vroom and up to $129k at CarMax. After seven days, CarMax dropped to $119K so I listed online for $137k and ended up getting $133k. I am very happy to have it gone now that I see dealers dropping below $130k with less miles than I had.
How is selling your almost new car for more than you bought it for "terrible"? In no reasonable market does that happen...

I just tried changing it so only studioloft and I can edit the top cells, so I'm hoping that prevents it from happening again. Someone else can try editing those and telling me if the lock actually worked or not.
Well done. I tested the top rows on tab 1 (Detail Order Tracking) and they are protected. I'd like to suggest that you fully protect the other tabs since there shouldn't be any user input on those pages.

Reactions: stonelance
$1000 deductible $179/month
$500 deductible $200/month
Tesla Insurance charged me $201/month with $500 deductible for my MXLR. This is the initial rate based of safety score of 90. As of today my safety score is 96 (I know, don’t laugh) and the app shows my rate will be $153. But keep in mind that there are many other factors such as the amount of bodily injury liability coverage, medical payment, UMPD, etc. I can easily bring down the premium by lowering my coverage amount

Reactions: Mw28