Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my VIN yesterday as well! Also got a text saying the car is on a truck. Estimated deliver us 11/6-12
Ordered in June of 21

Black on black long range 6 seater on 22” wheels.

It says I have to finalize payment, do I need to add a bank account # or can I call and say I’ll bring a cashiers check? What else do I need?

The spreadsheet represents a small number of Tesla delivery.
Yes of course, but it is a sampling. Of that sampling there are currently 7 VINs from Sept 2021 or earlier and 1 from after. As percentages of outstanding orders, that is 14.0% of Sept '21 and older outstanding orders have VINs, and 1.4% of newer outstanding orders have VINS. Pretty clear there is a bias to older orders, even if the numbers are off by an order of magnitude.

If you are implying that the sheet has a wildly inaccurate sampling of orders, do you have a reference to the source you are using for stating Tesla is ignoring older orders and fulfilling newer ones instead?

Yes of course, but it is a sampling. Of that sampling there are currently 7 VINs from Sept 2021 or earlier and 1 from after. As percentages of outstanding orders, that is 14.0% of Sept '21 and older outstanding orders have VINs, and 1.4% of newer outstanding orders have VINS. Pretty clear there is a bias to older orders, even if the numbers are off by an order of magnitude.

If you are implying that the sheet has a wildly inaccurate sampling of orders, do you have a reference to the source you are using for stating Tesla is ignoring older orders and fulfilling newer ones instead?
Do you have a reference that it is not?

Order Date: July 20, 21
Initial EDD: Nov 7th - Dec 6th
Latest EDD: Nov 7th - Nov 28th

Hoping I can take delivery before travel plans in December..
Called Tesla for some general questions regarding the order and was told that for whatever reason the account is tagged for "Auto Cancel". The rep was implying to avoid having any issues with paperwork, financing, or taking delivery otherwise the system will automatically cancel my order. This car is on a new account, and ive done nothing to the account since placing an order for the car and waiting a year +. So there isnt anything I did for the account to be tagged as such. It seems like they're trying their best to move past the previous orders that are locked into the old prices.

Reactions: enzoshadow
Do you have a reference that it is not?

Ordered July 21 but delayed order till June of 2022.

Mine is still being stuck firmly oct 29-nov 19th for over a week.

I filled out all finances etc as well but you know me, not going to pay for the car before inspecting it.
Im still debating whether to use ACH since I got double charged last time...

Reactions: Jwalker9
Picked up my 2023 Model X, MSM/Black, 7 seats, 20", FSD today. Very pleasant experience and fit and finish were great. Only one small problem with a couple of small dents on the bottom window mounding on one falcon door which is already scheduled for mobile service. Well worth the wait. Love it! A giant step up from my Model Y, which I thought I really liked!
Matrix or non-matrix headlights?

Attachments

• matrix.jpg
    matrix.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 105
  • not-matrix.jpg
    not-matrix.jpg
    454.9 KB · Views: 72
That is outrageous 😳. My experience is the opposite, was able to re-schedule 3 days past the given window. How long of a delay were you asking for?

I was just asking to reschedule but couldn’t get very far with texting the folks. They released my VIN but put my order on “Hold”.

I released the Hold but now don’t have a VIN or EDD. However, I have the bank ready to go and my calendar clear.

Wish this was a better process (I would have been more understanding of the rush if it was EOQ).