Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just submitted a request for the fob thru Service via the app. This was for a July 2021 RN delivered September 2022. Wish me luck! 🍀
Progress about them fobs.
+1. Tesla will retrofit, no charge, if RN is before July 2022.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221107_103807.jpg
    Screenshot_20221107_103807.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 157
  • Screenshot_20221107_103850.jpg
    Screenshot_20221107_103850.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 112
I meant to provide another update to everyone after some more time with the X. First, I have confirmed the manufactured date of 10/22 of my specific VIN (sticker on the inside driver's door trim). I do not have the Matrix headlights, but do have both the tilting screen and updated charge port.

Reactions: croman
I did take delivery today at Tysons. They got the dent out fine. There was another very small chip in the paint right by the driver's handle. I asked them yesterday to take care of it. When I got there it wasn't fixed but they took it back to fix it. When they brought it back I was in the middle of the paperwork and assumed they fixed it fine. Wasn't till I got home that I remembered and looked at it and their repair looks like ass. I wish I haden't even said anything....I might just take it to an actual body shop instead of hassling with them.

The place was empty. Like someone was leaving as I walked in and nobody else came the entire time I was there. The guy just handed me some paperwork and asked for my keys. No offer for me to check it out or anything. My last 3 cars being a Porsche and 2 Tesla's this was a pretty underwhelming experience. Why on earth they shove the deliveries in that warehouse is beyond me.

No problem with paying the payment from my app at delivery (granted I was paying cash).

Wasn't able to get a FOB... But oddly the delivery guy suggested I keep one of my old ones, which obviously won't work (so if anybody has a use for a last gen X FOB let me know).

Agree with others that it feels a lot more solid and quiet than my last one. The one thing I do miss is being able to change the instrument panel... Like to show media info and trip computer. I used the little trip display daily. Seems like a pretty odd thing to remove for no discernable reason. Also removed the ability to move the middle row seats from the main screen.

The phone as a key thing is flakey as hell. Works like 10% of the time for me. Luckily I did get a FOB off eBay (since they're "notify when in stock" never works and they were sold out for months).

Attachments

• 20221107_215318.jpg
    20221107_215318.jpg
    414.8 KB · Views: 101
In my hopes of doing at least an exterior expectation I passed by the Fort Lauderdale location around lunchtime 11/5 and found my MX in the lot, it had likely just been parked there are there was water still dripping off it. All I could find were two min or panel gap issues that I don’t think are worth mentioning because: 1) they would likely say there were within spec and 2) I wouldn’t want them to make the issue worse or cause another issue. At this point I requested to advance my delivery to that day, rather than the home delivery schedule for 11/7. The biggest hiccup in doing that was my account showing a negative balance which prevented me from paying the $8,xxx I owed. In doing the financing, the finance company asked for a MVPA showing my amount financed, which was done in a simple 3 minute phone call. But, when the wire was applied as a payment, the amount financed now was being shown twice. I noticed this when the wire came in 4 days before delivery and called to ask that they correct it, and they said someone would prior to delivery. I made a second request a few days later and was told not to worry. Well, now that delivery day was here on Saturday, we had to scramble so on the way back to the dealer I called to request for the 3rd time to correct the numbers and was told in a few days….You must be kidding me. I hoped someone at the dealer could solve the problem and of course not, it can only be done remotely. After a brief wait of 20 minutes, I was able to pay the balance owed and accept delivery. 10 minutes later the tag was on and I was burning…well, not gas.

So far, very impressed with the vehicle. Have created my first service appt to hopefully get key fobs and address some other things like dome lights not working, drivers window noisy on the way up, and the passenger door doesn’t seem to want to open by pushing on the handle.

I had mistakenly assumed I would get a short trial for SiriusXM, but was told by them there is no free trial, if I want it to work activate it and pay, which I did.

I seriously can’t imagine the need for the Plaid model, as the speed from my MX LR to me is absolutely mind boggling.

Good luck to all the others still waiting delivery.
93F1A68E-C40C-4374-80A7-BA4080D2CCD0.jpeg
40397D39-D311-4EB3-85FB-C5CE245420F3.jpeg
8601FA1B-AEF4-4F3C-87E0-688C50C9D10E.jpeg
377CB28C-CA2C-4EE3-A137-17A5215CA48A.jpeg
0F8319B2-C226-484C-AC7B-13DCBED91296.jpeg
C925A154-CC64-48EB-90C4-724A3A2546A7.jpeg

I did take delivery today at Tysons. They got the dent out fine. There was another very small chip in the paint right by the driver's handle. I asked them yesterday to take care of it. When I got there it wasn't fixed but they took it back to fix it. When they brought it back I was in the middle of the paperwork and assumed they fixed it fine. Wasn't till I got home that I remembered and looked at it and their repair looks like ass. I wish I haden't even said anything....I might just take it to an actual body shop instead of hassling with them.

The place was empty. Like someone was leaving as I walked in and nobody else came the entire time I was there. The guy just handed me some paperwork and asked for my keys. No offer for me to check it out or anything. My last 3 cars being a Porsche and 2 Tesla's this was a pretty underwhelming experience. Why on earth they shove the deliveries in that warehouse is beyond me.

No problem with paying the payment from my app at delivery (granted I was paying cash).

Wasn't able to get a FOB... But oddly the delivery guy suggested I keep one of my old ones, which obviously won't work (so if anybody has a use for a last gen X FOB let me know).

Agree with others that it feels a lot more solid and quiet than my last one. The one thing I do miss is being able to change the instrument panel... Like to show media info and trip computer. I used the little trip display daily. Seems like a pretty odd thing to remove for no discernable reason. Also removed the ability to move the middle row seats from the main screen.

The phone as a key thing is flakey as hell. Works like 10% of the time for me. Luckily I did get a FOB off eBay (since they're "notify when in stock" never works and they were sold out for months).
I'm glad you were able to pick up, I didn't expect this treatment for a six figure $$$ car.

I’ve been having trouble getting the ambient lighting to stay on a selected when it’s dark. I have to manually select ambient lights at night every time. Anyone else having that issue?
Got key fob for my wife today. Was a pain to program. But it will be nice for closing doors with 4 kids getting out all the time.

Finally took delivery today after 561 days! I did not notice any issues but also could not see the car prior to accepting it (but was assured they would take care of anything I reported within 72 hours). Well, here is the list so far:

1. Home Link will not program either of my garage doors. Choosing Standard or D-Link results in an instant "Success" message. No instructions. No pushing the opener in front of the car. Sounds great, but it does not work. Tried every possible combination using the learn buttons on the openers too. None of my prior Model S's had an issue being programmed. I called Tesla support and the rep said their system shows that the Model X is no longer compatible with Home Link, but I could try scheduling service but would likely be told the same thing. Say what?
2. The falcon wing door opened straight into the wall of the garage on the first try. The wall is 24" from the car, so it should have sensed that and opened more vertically. I think hit the red button thinking it would close since it came to a stop when it hit the wall....nope, it moved up another inch with an audible scrape trying to open more. Great start. I closed it using the inside button and did not try opening it a 2nd time.
3. I have not fully inspected the interior, but on the front passenger seat, a handful of the venting holes are much larger and black in color which really stands out on white seats.
4. I decided to schedule service for the broken home link along with requesting key fobs as my sales rep today said they would be provided since I ordered last year, and Tesla's app still does not understand that I am in the U.S. and only lets me choose service centers in the Vancouver area instead of the ones in WA state where I live. My experience with this is that the Vancouver service centers will simply cancel the service instead of transferring it. Since Tesla makes it near impossible to get a service center on the phone, I have had to stop at a service center in Seattle to schedule appointments in the past because of this. Ridiculous that they can't fix that issue.
5. The key card did not work upon delivery, and Tesla had to reprogram them before I left too.

If this was not my 4th Tesla, I would be quite a disappointed customer at this point.

Well folks, after 17 months of waiting, today was delivery day and I have officially moved my tassel to the other side of my graduation cap.
Delivery went great! Thankfully my trade in car had enough juice left in battery and just enough gas to get me there, lol.
X looks prefect. Level handles on doors, no panel gaps, no paint issues, no interior issues, wheels and tires pristine. Couldn’t find a flaw on inspection, so I sent over the funds from Tesla app and accepted delivery
We are pleasantly surprised with the blue hues in the MSM paint! And the cream interior is a winner!
We would benefit from a Tesla seatbelt extender for our middle row booster. Can’t clip it in easily as is, so I’ll be in the lookout.
My wife did well driving it and seems to have adjusted well to yoke and stalkless driving.
I was confused on activating autopilot during first drive. The right scroll wheel activates it, not the small haptic button above it (between horn and wiper).
Happy to answer any questions anyone has!
Very pleased overall.
View attachment 871469
View attachment 871470View attachment 871471View attachment 871472View attachment 871473View attachment 871485View attachment 871486
My color combination exactly. Excellent taste you have. Wow your garage is organized! And I have major floor envy....looks terrific. I waited 13 months for mine.
My wife's black on black version comes tomorrow. Will be 18.5 months for hers.

• Love
Reactions: Jwalker9