Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• D1970E10-8B3A-4731-9407-53F1BAB9AD2E.jpeg
    D1970E10-8B3A-4731-9407-53F1BAB9AD2E.jpeg
    403.4 KB · Views: 199
Did you get it finally? Mine had a crack on the window so they pushed out the delivery to tomorrow. I didn’t go in but they called me to let me know. Why can’t they do proper testing instead of expecting a customer to do it. This seems to be worse than buying from a regular car dealer.
So... I was able to get a new car within an hour. I can't believe it's finally here! It was perfect and how I expected the car to be delivered. I got to work as soon as I got home and put a ceramic coating on.

Attachments

• C37D6BDC-8E32-450B-9F1B-E6FF9F65A918.jpeg
    C37D6BDC-8E32-450B-9F1B-E6FF9F65A918.jpeg
    576.5 KB · Views: 146
  • 75377354-8010-433B-88FF-9E607264A240.jpeg
    75377354-8010-433B-88FF-9E607264A240.jpeg
    500.5 KB · Views: 144
Did anyone get matrix headlights? When I asked Tesla person during delivery they said some people have gotten it, it was just random. She said she will check and let me know but I forgot about it at the end of orientation.
It’s amazing what people will tell someone rather than say “I don’t Know”
Exactly... Nobody has reliably reported matrix headlights on an X yet.

There was a message in the matrix headlights thread reporting that someone saw a tweet from someone that worked in the Mexican factory that produces the Model X headlights that they just started testing the headlights that are supposed to go to the X in two years. I would take that with a lot of salt (message was tagged as #Unverified #Speculation #Gossip #LowExpectationsButHighHopes 😒), but if true, even if it is not two years, it would probably be at least several months before we see them on delivered cars... I was hoping matrix headlights will be here no later than EOY, but for that to be true, testing would have been at least 6 months ago...

Last edited:
Anyone else annoyed that the rear screen sound overtakes the whole car sound? Is there a way to split it? Can’t be listening to dinosaurs the whole trip.
I would certainly want that fixed! With separate volume controls! However depending on the preamp capabilities to redirect outputs and the amp setups, it may not be feasible to do via software alone... Maybe they can have option to redirect the audio stream for the rear screen to bluetooth headphones?

Reactions: tierneyalvin
Finally picked up my X from service.
They replaced the Front and Rear struts on the right falcon wing door. It wouldn't close intermittently and would stop at approx 1 inch to full close.
They attached a loose suspension height sensor that caused the suspension error.

I looked over the vehicle quite a few times and opened/closed the FWD.....seems like everything was fixed.

Finally drove off the lot to my PPF place. Car drives pretty solid. Yoke is not an issue. For my 20 minute drive the X felt spectacular.

Monday picking up from PPF place then home.....
Wed mobile appt for HuperOptik tint
Sat appt for Ceramic Coat...

I'm happy.....

RM_fromGER, what is that ship name where your car is on? I cant spot it cause i miss my vin but Tesla informed me thqt it's on the way to Europe so it must be on thwt same ship.

Just want to track my car down...
😁
Here is the link. If you have a vin you can check. Ship is still in Baltimore. Expected to leave tomorrow and arrive in Europe Dec 2nd
And here you can track