Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All worked out ... Found the VIN today and let me obtain the policy..

Picked it up today ... few minor gaps, a small mark on the door - which they repaired while I waited ..

Fun car .... although having issues calibrating the autopilot ... going to try again tomorrow - maybe a reset in order ?

View attachment 877311
looks awesome. like the color. njoy ur ride !!!
thanks for your prompt reply. will check back with my insurance tom.

Same here. Took a look the other day, told my wife I couldn’t see anything that interested me. The y wound be similar to our 3, but we would like the three rows and extra space.

Honestly I’d be tempted by a top of the line siennna but not with a 12 month wait after my 18 month tesla wait 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Considering X’s price is almost double the 3 or Y, strictly speaking I don’t think it’s worth the premium because the X is not twice as good as the 3 or Y. However, there are things in X that you can’t get in 3 and Y, such as air suspension, 6 seaters, FWD, etc. The driving dynamic is also different. 3 is very fun and agile. X is buttery smooth and more refined. Consider X as a luxury item. And just like any other luxury items, they are usually not worth the price. But if you can afford it, then by no means buy it and enjoy it. I really enjoy my X. Luckily for me, we got it when the price was still a lot lower than the current MSRP. That made the decision a lot easier.

And if you are considering other large EVs, here is the YouTube video of Tesla Model X and Rivian R1S comparison. After watching the video, I think I will still like the X better.

As an early 2021 Model Y long range owner shopping for more, I was considering the Model X and looking for viable alternatives. I looked at the BMW iX, Mercedes, Audi, VW, Polestar, Volvo, all the Korean models, and anything else available. Considering the inside storage/space, range, technology, and charging network, it was a no brainer. I could not find anything comparable. I'm loving my Jan 22 order, Oct delivery Model X seven seater! It is definitely worth the 40K more than the Y. It has everything the Y was lacking. After 70+ years of owning over 60 vehicles, Tesla has made me love my car again!

Last edited:
As an early 2021 Model Y long range owner shopping for more, I was considering the Model X and looking for viable alternatives. I looked at the BMW iX, Mercedes, Audi, VW, Polestar, Volvo, all the Korean models, and anything else available. Considering the inside storage/space, range, technology, and charging network, it was a no brainer. I could not find anything comparable. I'm loving my Jan 22 order, Oct delivery Model X seven seater! It is definitely worth the 40K more than the Y. It has everything the Y was lacking. After 70+ years of owning over 60 vehicles, Tesla has made me love my car again!
Wow you got your car fast! The Mercedes and the bmw are just so much more luxurious (granted you probably didn’t check out EQS SUV since it just came out)

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
Wow you got your car fast! The Mercedes and the bmw are just so much more luxurious (granted you probably didn’t check out EQS SUV since it just came out)
I love Tesla minimalist interior. The other brand maybe more luxurious. But I can’t stand the extra buttons, screens, knobs, etc. After driving Tesla for years now, all those extra things bother me so much.

Does anyone compare the Tesla autopilot vs the drive assist features of the other brand? I love Tesla autopilot. I won’t buy anything that doesn’t have a drive assist feature as good as autopilot. BTW, I’m not trying to start an argument about autopilot’s deficiencies here. I know it’s not perfect. But I still love it. I’m really interested in hearing other people’s opinion on the other brand’s ones

The last Mercedes that I owned had problems with various warning lights continuously illuminating and having to be reset repeatedly. They were never able to completely eliminate the problem. This caused me to lose confidence in their technology, as this was a simple gas powered vehicle. There is no way that I would be an early buyer of their more technical electric offerings.

The BMW iX didn't really impress me. The one I was able to look at, inside and out at the dealer, had the battery recall and couldn't be driven. It seemed much less roomy than the X.

The last Mercedes that I owned had problems with various warning lights continuously illuminating and having to be reset repeatedly. They were never able to completely eliminate the problem. This caused me to lose confidence in their technology, as this was a simple gas powered vehicle. There is no way that I would be an early buyer of their more technical electric offerings.

The BMW iX didn't really impress me. The one I was able to look at, inside and out at the dealer, had the battery recall and couldn't be driven. It seemed much less roomy than the X.
Haha wow. My family won’t go BMW cause of the problems we’ve had with previous ones. We are hesitating on Mercedes but the luxury is hard to overlook

Luxurious is in the eyes of the beholder. I have MB, and BMW early in life and Tesla is a refreshing welcome. Enough of the Plastic, Buttons everywhere and the landing strip like lights all over.

I love Tesla minimalist interior. The other brand maybe more luxurious. But I can’t stand the extra buttons, screens, knobs, etc. After driving Tesla for years now, all those extra things bother me so much.

Does anyone compare the Tesla autopilot vs the drive assist features of the other brand? I love Tesla autopilot. I won’t buy anything that doesn’t have a drive assist feature as good as autopilot. BTW, I’m not trying to start an argument about autopilot’s deficiencies here. I know it’s not perfect. But I still love it. I’m really interested in hearing other people’s opinion on the other brand’s ones
I've ordered the latest driver assist on all my cars since 2014. I even experimented on Openpilot alpha ware. Tesla's AI is way superior and exponential rooms to grow.

hey guys, update on key fob situation.
I noticed on the 3rd row, the passenger seatbelt is flipped the wrong way so placed a service request. Once the request was confirmed with an appointment, I added request for a key fob that didn’t come with my delivery but should have. They ordered the key fob and will bring it and program it during the upcoming seatbelt service! Nice!

Updated my order to plaid yesterday because I was getting nervous that either plaid delivery would slip to next year or my LR 6 seater wouldnt get delivered till after the new year. Text this morning expect VIN within two weeks. Remember if you update to plaid they honor price of what plaid was back then when you placed your order, not what it is now.

Reactions: ChrisOtt