Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope Musk/Tesla indicates something tangible by next week's earnings call. I know my April date is a write off, but now I'll be left in a position to find a short-term rental since I'm not expecting May either. My lease ends in roughly 2-3 weeks. I know that others have been waiting longer and this isn't a good stance for Tesla.

While I'm sure the vehicle changes will be worth it, Musk and company seriously need to reconsider their silence thus far. It's a piss-poor way to handle customers.

Reactions: elguapo
After reading all things Tesla for days, and rewatching some old content, I am speculating that the new model X and S will have cast front and rear structures with a structural battery pack. In September Elon presented giga casting for model Y, and it showed a significant reduction in plant floor space. The drastic change of the plant layout could be a major contributor to the production delay. I believe the major contributors to delay are structural battery and giga castings, giga press fire, chip shortages, yoke steering wheel/variable ratio steering, and something is wrong that they are trying to fix (coming from an R&D background, delays usually mean they are trying to fix something). I believe the new S & X will have better quality than ever before, just like the Y had better build quality than the 3.
That is my vision of what’s going on as well.

Especially since at low volume the new battery in pilot production would be a great match for MS & MX low volume, suited to fine tuning and launching a new structure, higher weight & need for power. So we just need to chill as they work out the bugs.

My new 2021 Model Y is pretty much perfect in every way. Compares well with the major bodywork of my 2020 Mercedes GLS. Just missing some of the details the Germans do so well. The MBX screens are hard to use and too bubblegummy for me compared to my MY.

MY - Surely more unique snd fun than the conservative Mercedes. Though the ice cream truck sound during summon at the burger joint parking lot is a hoot, I am looking to try the Polynesian elevator summon music in the higher rated restaurant parking lots - which they surely deserve.

But I just gotta have those falcon doors, longer taller body for my tall body and musical instruments, cool and techy for my customers who need to be impressed.

Reactions: HuntsHeating
The production of my 22-panel 7.5kw solar array seems potentially well matched to the consumption of my home, my MY, and my soon- to-arrive MX. But until it arrives I sure hate to be sending all that electricity back to the grid for free!
By the way, has everyone figured out a name for their new refreshed MX? I wonder what some are - and how many are “Elon” or “Mars?”
Still no date on my screen for my Feb 9 LR 5-seat Red FSD Texas order though the initial confirmation email said April 1-30.
Looking forward to driving with the sun!

Attachments

• 688556B2-8A00-4C74-B397-3FA2A36DEABE.jpeg
    688556B2-8A00-4C74-B397-3FA2A36DEABE.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: DIL and AimStellar
The production of my 22-panel 7.5kw solar array seems potentially well matched to the consumption of my home, my MY, and my soon- to-arrive MX. But until it arrives I sure hate to be sending all that electricity back to the grid for free!
By the way, has everyone figured out a name for their new refreshed MX? I wonder what some are - and how many are “Elon” or “Mars?”
Still no date on my screen for my Feb 9 LR 5-seat Red FSD Texas order though the initial confirmation email said April 1-30.
Looking forward to driving with the sun!
Just mine some bitcoin or whatever the current fad cryptocurrency is with that wasted electricity!

I am just curious what the purpose of the sales associate is?? We ordered an X before the refresh in early January. Obviously, the delivery date keeps changing and currently says April/May. The sales associate just tells me to check the website but I was hoping she could give me a little bit more information. She is utterly useless. My lease was up two weeks ago and I really need to know how long I am going to be held hostage here. This such a bad way of doing business by keeping customers in the dark. Do we even know if they are actually producing X's yet?

Reactions: TrevTremaine
Did anyone else receive a welcome email from their service center with next steps? I also received a text message from my SA saying to complete all tasks within 72 hours as they prioritize customers based on who has submitted all of their required items.

FYI - I ordered a Black Model X, 22s, black interior.

Did anyone else receive a welcome email from their service center with next steps? I also received a text message from my SA saying to complete all tasks within 72 hours as they prioritize customers based on who has submitted all of their required items.

FYI - I ordered a Black Model X, 22s, black interior.

What state are you? Sounds like we ordered the same X. Did you order Plaid? Congrats on the email, hopefully that means delivery is imminent.

Pull up a chair and take a seat. Might as well be comfortable while you join the rest of us waiting...for a good long time.
Pull up a chair and take a seat. Might as well be comfortable while you join the rest of us waiting...for a good long time.
Have you / many other received the same communications? Maybe I haven’t paid attention to others posts...yeah, I know ill be waiting a while :(

Tesla sends the “finish your file” emails and texts randomly just to get people to finish everything. Sadly, it’s no signal anything is imminent. For X’s, Q2 looks like a washout and mid Q3 would be great. Something is very amiss for Musk to be so quiet. It’s not chips or he’d blame others and there could still be some production. I doubt it’s the yoke. It’s something g pretty big. Casting? Could be. Unfinished design or specs? Probable. It’s not a “if we just had this screw” type thing as Musk has shown a willingness to berate vendors in Tweets and he actually thanked them, for some reason, recently. Whatever it is, I think we are looking at July as a best case. Total guess.

As to why do they have SAs? No idea. They could save money with a call center. It made some sense when they were really
Doing BTO and made the delivery experience special and unique. That’s no
Longer the case.

Reactions: Vitaman and iustin