Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I loved reading this last page of this thread, everyone seeing "April" and believing that is actually a possibility.

Friends take it from a guy who had "March" on his order for the delivery estimate of a new Model s, who, after 60 days and waiting all of March for that sweet, sweet VIN, got a "July" date 7 days into April. It ain't gonna happen.
Exactly. I ordered day before refresh and there is no way I’m getting mine before June.

Reactions: Tigers
I loved reading this last page of this thread, everyone seeing "April" and believing that is actually a possibility.

Friends take it from a guy who had "March" on his order for the delivery estimate of a new Model s, who, after 60 days and waiting all of March for that sweet, sweet VIN, got a "July" date 7 days into April. It ain't gonna happen.

While I still have an April delivery date showing on the order sheet, it's clear that's not reality. In fact, my SA emailed me the other day and basically said to expect it'll be a couple of months.

I can understand some of the delays, but clearly Tesla needs to do a better job of keeping their customers informed of what's going on. The speculation that's happening on the Model S order thread is just raging - lots of misinformation in there too.

The silence from Tesla is deafening, and if other manufacturers start getting comparable EVs going, this kind of situation will push those same customers to the competitors. I think most people are understanding if they're kept in the loop, but given there's customers' orders out there that are now approaching 6 months it's getting ridiculous.

If Tesla sets target dates and can't abide by them, they have a responsibility to keep both staff and customers updated. They're clearly not doing it at all and that's leaving staff to have to deal with crap they shouldn't have to deal with blindly. It's eroding any good graces with Tesla.

Reactions: iustin
While I still have an April delivery date showing on the order sheet, it's clear that's not reality. In fact, my SA emailed me the other day and basically said to expect it'll be a couple of months.

I can understand some of the delays, but clearly Tesla needs to do a better job of keeping their customers informed of what's going on. The speculation that's happening on the Model S order thread is just raging - lots of misinformation in there too.

The silence from Tesla is deafening, and if other manufacturers start getting comparable EVs going, this kind of situation will push those same customers to the competitors. I think most people are understanding if they're kept in the loop, but given there's customers' orders out there that are now approaching 6 months it's getting ridiculous.

If Tesla sets target dates and can't abide by them, they have a responsibility to keep both staff and customers updated. They're clearly not doing it at all and that's leaving staff to have to deal with crap they shouldn't have to deal with blindly. It's eroding any good graces with Tesla.

I think this is a fair assessment. The especially weird thing is that it's not like Tesla is a company like, say, Sony which has literally thousands of products. You'd think it would be a fairly high priority to convey accurate information about the small number of products they have. For example, the Model X order page still says May-June estimated delivery.

My guess is that, outside of people grousing on forums, it's not affecting their business at all. Unless people start canceling orders in masse, they probably just don't care. Until there is credible competition from one of the majors, I suspect this behavior will continue. However, for a major car company to really compete, they will have to either adopt Tesla's design, manufacturing, software support and infrastructure methodology or come up with a new one which is even better. Given how slow those companies are, it could be easily 10 years before one even is able to get into the game.

FYI... sounds like they might be having troubles getting approvals for the production line:

@doubleshot - I guess you are doing research for all of these idiot Youtubers now. LOL! You should reach out and ask for some of that display ad cash!

Pretty good business model. I scour through forums and places like reddit. Wait for someone else to post something that seems interesting, and then I talk about that interesting thing on my video, pretending like I'm in the informed one who did the research/digging to find the info out. Pretty solid.

@doubleshot - I guess you are doing research for all of these idiot Youtubers now. LOL! You should reach out and ask for some of that display ad cash!

Pretty good business model. I scour through forums and places like reddit. Wait for someone else to post something that seems interesting, and then I talk about that interesting thing on my video, pretending like I'm in the informed one who did the research/digging to find the info out. Pretty solid.
Forgive me for posting potentially useful information which I hadn't seen in this thread. I won't do it again.

Forgive me for posting potentially useful information which I hadn't seen in this thread. I won't do it again.

Wasn't taking a shot at you - I understand why you posted the video. I was taking a shot at the youtuber, who (at least to me) tried to appear to make himself look connected/informed/well researched by repeating information that someone else dug up without crediting it. I find that to be a bit disingenuous.

Wasn't taking a shot at you - I understand why you posted the video. I was taking a shot at the youtuber, who (at least to me) tried to appear to make himself look connected/informed/well researched by repeating information that someone else dug up without crediting it. I find that to be a bit disingenuous.
I hope you feel better now that you have expressed it.

Reactions: riles246 and Tigers
Really enjoyed reading this thread about estimated delivery dates. All those waiting on a May/June delivery date spare a thought for us here in the UK. Ordered my Model X in Jan to be told it would arrive March 21. Then the refresh hit.....

I’ve since been told by my the Tesla rep that it will arrive in March 2022. 🙈

I’ve since been told by my the Tesla rep that it will arrive in March 2022. 🙈
Wow! I hope he is guesstimating at this stage as 2022 Q1 is disturbing.
My Tesla contact here in BE as well as a friend’s SA in the NL mentioned refresh S & X first deliveries in the US and Benelux would not be so far apart(~2/3 months max) even with the Tilburg plant closure as they will deliver fully US built units to Zeebrugge.
However; not sure why new bookings for the US are now projecting deliveries in July since we are seeing November tentative delivery now.

After reading all things Tesla for days, and rewatching some old content, I am speculating that the new model X and S will have cast front and rear structures with a structural battery pack. In September Elon presented giga casting for model Y, and it showed a significant reduction in plant floor space. The drastic change of the plant layout could be a major contributor to the production delay. I believe the major contributors to delay are structural battery and giga castings, giga press fire, chip shortages, yoke steering wheel/variable ratio steering, and something is wrong that they are trying to fix (coming from an R&D background, delays usually mean they are trying to fix something). I believe the new S & X will have better quality than ever before, just like the Y had better build quality than the 3.

After reading all things Tesla for days, and rewatching some old content, I am speculating that the new model X and S will have cast front and rear structures with a structural battery pack. In September Elon presented giga casting for model Y, and it showed a significant reduction in plant floor space.

Front and rear casting, and structural battery pack? That would make the S/X indeed a level up from the current 3/Y, and would be worth waiting for.

The drastic change of the plant layout could be a major contributor to the production delay. I believe the major contributors to delay are structural battery and giga castings, giga press fire, chip shortages, yoke steering wheel/variable ratio steering, and something is wrong that they are trying to fix (coming from an R&D background, delays usually mean they are trying to fix something).

Maybe they've decided to add back stalks :)