Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Refreshed" Model S model VIBRATION tracking and information thread!!!

What version of "Refreshed" Model S do you drive?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could the ceramic brake upgrade software update cure the vibration?
Now that is the question. I do recall someone else saying it didn’t change with the CCB upgrade. My interest is certainly piqued by several other reports of it being “solved” with the CCB upgrade, though I remain dubious. If it is fixed, I don’t doubt it will trickle down to the rest of us.

I have almost 10k miles on my Plaid and on my 2nd set of rear tires (technically 3rd set but the last ones had very little wear). I have gone with 20" square and have 295/35/20 PS4S at all four corners.

I have bigger tires up front than stock. As I mentioned earlier, I had very minimal vibration in the 38-42 range. I do mean minimal. If I hadn't read the super long thread about it somewhere else here, I would not even have paid any attention to but it was there. As a result, my concern was it might get worse.

When I did the factory track pack brakes, it totally disappeared. No trace of it and can't reproduce it. I am not suggesting that is a solution to it, just my observation, and someone else here mentioned the same thing. I have subsequently taken advantage of the track pack brakes' higher speed limiter. Still no vibration all the way from 0 mph to way up there. Don't really like to post speeds in an open forum. The car was smooth as butter.

The only time my car is in low for the suspension, is when it automatically drops down at highway speeds. Most of the time I might even have it in a higher setting to clear all the drainage ditches that pass for streets around here. So pretty much all the time it is in high or very high when below 35 mph.

I keep looking for it to see if it gets worse but so far it hasn't.
I wouldn’t mind the 38-42mph vibration, but the 80mph one is more than a little annoying as it’s around the speed I cruise at on my way to work.

That’s my 80+ mph vibration. My 2023 MSP doesn’t have the 40-50 mph vibration. Would much rather have that than the 80 one.
Same! That’s the speed I’m driving the most on my way to work, 75-80mph.
Wish Tesla would look into it further, whatever they changed messed things up. None of my pre refresh models had any vibrations at any speeds.

Reactions: Propofoln
I have almost 10k miles on my Plaid and on my 2nd set of rear tires (technically 3rd set but the last ones had very little wear). I have gone with 20" square and have 295/35/20 PS4S at all four corners.

I have bigger tires up front than stock. As I mentioned earlier, I had very minimal vibration in the 38-42 range. I do mean minimal. If I hadn't read the super long thread about it somewhere else here, I would not even have paid any attention to but it was there. As a result, my concern was it might get worse.

When I did the factory track pack brakes, it totally disappeared. No trace of it and can't reproduce it. I am not suggesting that is a solution to it, just my observation, and someone else here mentioned the same thing. I have subsequently taken advantage of the track pack brakes' higher speed limiter. Still no vibration all the way from 0 mph to way up there. Don't really like to post speeds in an open forum. The car was smooth as butter.

The only time my car is in low for the suspension, is when it automatically drops down at highway speeds. Most of the time I might even have it in a higher setting to clear all the drainage ditches that pass for streets around here. So pretty much all the time it is in high or very high when below 35 mph.

I keep looking for it to see if it gets worse but so far it hasn't.
What software version are you on?

Reactions: WilliamG
Alright so here’s a data point from tonight:

I get into my car after a dinner that lasted two hours. Ambient temperature when I left the restaurant was about 50F. Started driving, within a few blocks I demo’ed a full-on launch mode for my passengers (yep, right after dinner and without letting the car warm up or… whatever). I let off at 60mph. Right after that the vibration at 40mph was horrific. I could feel it heavily between 40 and 50mph through the yoke and pedals, worse than I ever have.

About 2 blocks later the vibration reduced to its “regular level” while I was doing about 45mph up a slightly inclined road. It was like an on -> mostly-off switch and the vibration 100% changed during the vibration. I’m pretty convinced Tesla can fix this fully via a software update. This was a really different experience for me. The rest of the trip after the vibration reduced was its regular self.

Reactions: James Cole