Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Refreshed" Model S model VIBRATION tracking and information thread!!!

What version of "Refreshed" Model S do you drive?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh man, the anticipation is killing me. 😅
You should be getting it soon. I'm guessing you are connected to wifi?
I'm on the FSD beta, so I'm stuck on 2022.20.18.
I’m in the queue for the beta, so that’s probably why I haven’t been offered .36. I have .28.2 pending (it was pending before I requested FSD) but I refuse to install it because of the buzzing and to reduce the chances of not getting the beta.
Your car vibrates all the time or just first few minutes of drive?
The whole time above ~35mph. When I first got the car it would exhibit the vibration just for the first few minutes. That went away, and I’m left with the regular annoying vibration that most/all of these cars have.

I’m in the queue for the beta, so that’s probably why I haven’t been offered .36. I have .28.2 pending (it was pending before I requested FSD) but I refuse to install it because of the buzzing and to reduce the chances of not getting the beta.

The whole time above ~35mph. When I first got the car it would exhibit the vibration just for the first few minutes. That went away, and I’m left with the regular annoying vibration that most/all of these cars have.
I wonder if you turn off the FSD beta opt-in if you will get .36? I can tell you the beta sucks, so you aren't missing anything. 😅 Well, it's better than earlier versions, but still really not that useful. Highway AP is still the best part, same as non beta.

I wonder if you turn off the FSD beta opt-in if you will get .36? I can tell you the beta sucks, so you aren't missing anything. 😅 Well, it's better than earlier versions, but still really not that useful. Highway AP is still the best part, same as non beta.
Probably I would. But I’ve waited this long I’ll wait just a little longer I suppose, since the new FSD beta is due this week. In theory. But you know, Elon might Elon on me.

Call me crazy in advance but the vibration is now essentially non existent. Version 2022.40.4.1
I waited to post so I could test for a few days. Stock 19s, same on and off ramp speed tests that I could previously reproduce the vibration. I’ve tested in 70deg and now in the 30s thanks to the wild weather swings. It’s now faint at best.

Reactions: n2mb_racing
Call me crazy in advance but the vibration is now essentially non existent. Version 2022.40.4.1
I waited to post so I could test for a few days. Stock 19s, same on and off ramp speed tests that I could previously reproduce the vibration. I’ve tested in 70deg and now in the 30s thanks to the wild weather swings. It’s now faint at best.
Maybe you have a different issue? You don’t need off/on ramps to test…

Maybe you have a different issue? You don’t need off/on ramps to test…
Good point. To qualify all of my local driving has speed limits of 25-30mph. Sad but true…it’s hard for me to get up to mid 40s safely/legally in our village. The vibration however was predictable and always reproducible in the 40 range. Now it’s not. Nothing else has changed on the car except the software.

Good point. To qualify all of my local driving has speed limits of 25-30mph. Sad but true…it’s hard for me to get up to mid 40s safely/legally in our village. The vibration however was predictable and always reproducible in the 40 range. Now it’s not. Nothing else has changed on the car except the software.
Hmmm. I’m dubious (sorry). We had one report that 2022.36.x reduced it, but in my experience that’s not the case in the slightest. That said, I have an open mind so I’ll see when the 2022.40.x makes the rounds to my car. Part of the reason I’m dubious is that the vibration varies in severity from car to car. In mine I can feel it from 35mph onwards to any speed, whereas for other people it’s just between 40 and 50.. I can feel it above 50 but it’s more subtle due to road surface and wind noise etc etc.

Thank you for the feedback, though. I look forward to 2022.40.x to see what I can see.

Reactions: n2mb_racing