Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed MS LR/Plaid Firmware status

What version are you currently running?

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • 2021.12.25.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • 2021.24.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other; please specify below

Votes: 39 50.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also wondering when Tesla might be unlocking the 164mph speed limit (200mph max speed...ahem...not that I have any interest in going this fast :oops:) for those of us who have 21" wheels? Just curious, especially since Tesla still advertises the 200mph max speed.
I've wondered the same! It still says Fall 2021, and they've had plenty of opportunities to update that footnote. I'm thinking quite soon, as it may come with the '22 changes when NF VINS arrive for S and X. When they go to go update the site, then hopefully it goes live sometime soon. At the very latest I would think it would arrive with OS V11, which will likely launch before Xmas.

Yeah, you have to get something for that extra $4500! 🤣😝😵
Wait, let's see...opted for the Tesla oem 21" wheels for $4,500, but sold those for $2,150 (kept the oem Michelin PS4 tires & tpms sensors), and bought the Signature 21" SV104s for $5,400 (soooo worth it btw :cool:), so I actually paid $7,750, lol. 🤣 BUT, I regret nothing. I'll take my 200mph speed limit, thank you very much.

It is. Some cars appear to have shorter periods of factory SW than others. Yours was short, but now looks like your region may be a little slow to get the newer updates. Hope you get them soon!
Why do updates get pushed regionally? It’s not like the electrons know where they’re going geographically, right? 😄

Also wondering when Tesla might be unlocking the 164mph speed limit (200mph max speed...ahem...not that I have any interest in going this fast :oops:) for those of us who have 21" wheels? Just curious, especially since Tesla still advertises the 200mph max speed. I had some fun with a typical Dodge Charger SRT Hemi guy...slightly destroyed all his hopes and dreams about his car a week or so ago, lol 🤣. So afterward, after I slowed after getting 40 car lengths ahead, haha, he pulled up next to me at the next red light...and proceeded to give me his nonsense about how he would pull hard on me after 160mph, haha. I told him he's ignorant and asked if he's heard of the new MS Plaid that has the same 1,050 ft-lb TQ ALL the way to 200mph! 😜
Yeah most people won't be able to understand that lol! And just FYI (Not trying to be a know it all), it's the HP that's (mostly) held up to 200 mph. Except for some really rare cases involving gearing, torque always crosses HP at the same 5,250 rpm (or lower) as tradition ICE, as HP is a multiple of torque. :)
Here is the power/torque curve for Plaid:

Took delivery of my Plaid on 11/1. Still on 2021.31.103. Anxiously waiting for a software update! Anyone else not getting notifications on their phone? I’m getting it on my MX fine. And yes, all regular troubleshooting on the car and my phone have been done.
By notifications, do you mean open door? charging? or texts?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I wish I could tell you. It doesn't seem there's any rhyme or reason for software updates. Even "phased rollout" doesn't seem like a good answer here.

Also, don't shoot the messenger, but 2021.40.6 is downloading. I imagine it's a bugfix update, but I don't know what bugs were intro'd. If they take away my ARNR though ...

I wish I could tell you. It doesn't seem there's any rhyme or reason for software updates. Even "phased rollout" doesn't seem like a good answer here.

Also, don't shoot the messenger, but 2021.40.6 is downloading. I imagine it's a bugfix update, but I don't know what bugs were intro'd. If they take away my ARNR though ...
I wonder how they are downloading firmware updates now as I saw that the Tesla server has been down today. My iPhone would not connect to the car.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I wonder how they are downloading firmware updates now as I saw that the Tesla server has been down today. My iPhone would not connect to the car.
It was spotty for me all day. I was surprised to see the update. For those curious, x.40.6 appears to be a bugfix. Summary the same as x.40.5.1.

PXL_20211120_010858437.jpg