Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed MS LR/Plaid Firmware status

What version are you currently running?

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • 2021.12.25.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • 2021.24.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other; please specify below

Votes: 39 50.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone running 2021.44.5 on their Plaid?
I'm running it as of last night. Surprising to get an update so quickly after pickup, but I'll take it. I haven't taken advantage of the multiple home/work profiles.

Car runs fine. I'm upset mostly that I don't have ARNR back (so I don't know if my 44.5 build is EAP version or not, most likely not, so I don't know if I'm still in the special club or not). I don't notice any differences with 44.5, but to be fair, I have been looking for other things (shudder, wheel pop). Between missing ARNR and what I think is vehicle sync as a potential new feature, I think maybe I lost out on EAP for the new car (though fingers crossed I'm still in it).

I still owe you photos of the tolerances - will try and get those today.

I'm running it as of last night. Surprising to get an update so quickly after pickup, but I'll take it. I haven't taken advantage of the multiple home/work profiles.

Car runs fine. I'm upset mostly that I don't have ARNR back (so I don't know if my 44.5 build is EAP version or not, most likely not, so I don't know if I'm still in the special club or not). I don't notice any differences with 44.5, but to be fair, I have been looking for other things (shudder, wheel pop). Between missing ARNR and what I think is vehicle sync as a potential new feature, I think maybe I lost out on EAP for the new car (though fingers crossed I'm still in it).

I still owe you photos of the tolerances - will try and get those today.

I infer from this that you think ARNR is pretty good?

I infer from this that you think ARNR is pretty good?
Yep, really enjoyed it while I had it. I had to get a new Plaid and don't have it on the new one yet; I notice.

Here's my post earlier in this thread. I've been a fan since I got/had it. It's definitely something that would benefit from more data/tuning, so not sure why it's not out there more broadly.
(If the link doesn't work, it's post 538 on page 27 and 545 on page 28 of this thread).

Refreshed MS LR/Plaid Firmware status

Last edited:
Still on 36.5.1 but I have not opted for FSD beta. I feel like my car does not like my wifi, but my Wife's MX sits next to my Plaid and she's getting updates 🤷🏻‍♂️
Speaking of WiFi - is the WiFi reception in anyone else's Plaid awful? I've stood in front of the car holding my router and the car will barely pick up the SSID. Meanwhile my X next to it has a strong connection. Brought it up to service and they shrug it off.

Speaking of WiFi - is the WiFi reception in anyone else's Plaid awful? I've stood in front of the car holding my router and the car will barely pick up the SSID. Meanwhile my X next to it has a strong connection. Brought it up to service and they shrug it off.
The day after making that post, my car took a new update albeit 36.5.10, but it did in fact download and install.
What wifi router do you have? Set your security to AES, broadcast 2.4 and 5Ghz on the same exact SSID and password, let your devices determine which network they want.

Hope this helps.

It's sorta discouraging that you installed it a couple days ago and it was not noticeable. I guess I need to really lower my expectations. (bummed) I really was looking forward to this feature to wow me.
I am on 44.5 and still don't have it. Judging by posts, it appears like it's slowly rolling out to certain cars and probably not on by default. It also needs a calibrating period as well once enabled.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Mine was already on when I went into the menu. Didn’t see any calibration options. Not sure what I was expecting but not knowing it was on, I never thought to myself that the cabin was significantly quieter nor did I think it was loud to begin with though. I did notice my rear seat squeak was more noticeable that I need to wrap the latch with better tape. Maybe I’m hearing it more because the ANC was reducing road noise lol.

Mine was already on when I went into the menu. Didn’t see any calibration options. Not sure what I was expecting but not knowing it was on, I never thought to myself that the cabin was significantly quieter nor did I think it was loud to begin with though. I did notice my rear seat squeak was more noticeable that I need to wrap the latch with better tape. Maybe I’m hearing it more because the ANC was reducing road noise lol.
Which menu has the option? Thanks

Reactions: EndlessPlaid