Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed MS LR/Plaid Firmware status

What version are you currently running?

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • 2021.12.25.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • 2021.24.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other; please specify below

Votes: 39 50.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody else have opinions on the noise reduction yet? How would you compare it to other noise cancelling such as in Bose headphones or AirPods? I would assume it would feel much the same but a lot less effective.
That is not a fair comparison. Both of those have the ability to cover / close your ear off from outside noise. This can only produce ambient noise enough to drown out road noise. Hence the change from Active Noise Cancellation to Active Road Noise Reduction. Emphasis mine.

Anybody else have opinions on the noise reduction yet? How would you compare it to other noise cancelling such as in Bose headphones or AirPods? I would assume it would feel much the same but a lot less effective.
So few, like a handful, of people have this, so not much comment. Probably only released to the EAP community as 2021.40.5.1 is nearly non existent out in the wild.

That is not a fair comparison. Both of those have the ability to cover / close your ear off from outside noise. This can only produce ambient noise enough to drown out road noise. Hence the change from Active Noise Cancellation to Active Road Noise Reduction. Emphasis mine.
Well that’s why I said “but a lot less effective” :)

It works on the exact same principle as far as I know? Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Anyone else get the latest 2021.40.5.1 s/w update? If so, where are you? I've heard the s/w updates are dependent on the region, as in Tesla pushes s/w updates in regional batches...seems like very small batches. I'm still on 2021.36.5.1 and a bit annoyed, so I have a mobile service appt scheduled here at my home on Monday, 11/22/21...not sure if they'll get the car to download the newest s/w update or not, but it seems odd to me that some have 1-4 newer s/w versions than other people with the same cars. It's been over 3 weeks for me with this s/w update and no more updates after that even though I'm at least 2 updates away from the latest s/w. 🤔

Anyone else get the latest 2021.40.5.1 s/w update? If so, where are you? I've heard the s/w updates are dependent on the region, as in Tesla pushes s/w updates in regional batches...seems like very small batches. I'm still on 2021.36.5.1 and a bit annoyed, so I have a mobile service appt scheduled here at my home on Monday, 11/22/21...not sure if they'll get the car to download the newest s/w update or not, but it seems odd to me that some have 1-4 newer s/w versions than other people with the same cars. It's been over 3 weeks for me with this s/w update and no more updates after that even though I'm at least 2 updates away from the latest s/w. 🤔
Seems like a few EAP tester’s received it is all. Mum’s the word with them.

I'm still on 2021.31.103 and I am getting frustrated. Car has been in my house now for 9 days...on wifi....and no update.

Any recs from you guys or just sit and wait?
I know of no other way, except maybe schedule a mobile service call from Tesla to have a Tesla Tech come to your home, although I have no idea if they can get the car to download a newer s/w update or not? I'm trying this with Tesla Monday next week.

Oh you're still on factory SW if you've only had it for 9 days. It will clear in a couple of weeks, and then your car will be free to receive OTA updates. :)
I don't think that's accurate. I received a message just 2 days after taking delivery, telling me there's a s/w update. Downloaded and installed...what I've been running since then, 2021.36.5.1.

I don't think that's accurate. I received a message just 2 days after taking delivery, telling me there's a s/w update. Downloaded and installed...what I've been running since then, 2021.36.5.1.
It is. Some cars appear to have shorter periods of factory SW than others. Yours was short, but now looks like your region may be a little slow to get the newer updates. Hope you get them soon!

Also wondering when Tesla might be unlocking the 164mph speed limit (200mph max speed...ahem...not that I have any interest in going this fast :oops:) for those of us who have 21" wheels? Just curious, especially since Tesla still advertises the 200mph max speed. I had some fun with a typical Dodge Charger SRT Hemi guy...slightly destroyed all his hopes and dreams about his car a week or so ago, lol 🤣. So afterward, after I slowed after getting 40 car lengths ahead, haha, he pulled up next to me at the next red light...and proceeded to give me his nonsense about how he would pull hard on me after 160mph, haha. I told him he's ignorant and asked if he's heard of the new MS Plaid that has the same 1,050 ft-lb TQ ALL the way to 200mph! 😜

Last edited: