Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed MS LR/Plaid Firmware status

What version are you currently running?

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • 2021.12.25.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • 2021.24.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other; please specify below

Votes: 39 50.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New maps are downloading on my plaid now.
Curious as to how you knew it was downloading maps? Were you notified? I should check mine too. Wish it would show the Map version on the APP.

Haven't received any firmware update for a while. Maybe Tesla is busy fixing all the small SW glitches. The media makes such a big deal about this. The term "Recall" for Tesla is so archaic. It is just OTA update in most of the cases.

Curious as to how you knew it was downloading maps? Were you notified? I should check mine too. Wish it would show the Map version on the APP.

Haven't received any firmware update for a while. Maybe Tesla is busy fixing all the small SW glitches. The media makes such a big deal about this. The term "Recall" for Tesla is so archaic. It is just OTA update in most of the cases.
You can see the navigation data version in the "Software" settings panel. You can also see when it is downloading. There is no notification for this and it is installed automatically.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
It looks like I got my Map update also (2021.44 -xxxx)
Just checked and mine has updated too. Is there a way to check when it was installed? I just got back from an interstate trip yesterday, and I noticed that the exit numbers on some highways were not current. Not sure if maps updated after I got home or whether new maps are still not up to date?

I wonder if Tesla will retrofit the two small motors to enable swivel MCU that I though we would get with an OTA update. It is my understanding that we early adapters (MS- Plaid or LR) did not get the two motors installed with the MCU as the new MS an X are now getting. It will be a nice feature to have.

I wonder if Tesla will retrofit the two small motors to enable swivel MCU that I though we would get with an OTA update. It is my understanding that we early adapters (MS- Plaid or LR) did not get the two motors installed with the MCU as the new MS an X are now getting. It will be a nice feature to have.
us early adapters got screwed in so many ways lol... except price :p