Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed MS LR/Plaid Firmware status

What version are you currently running?

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • 2021.12.25.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • 2021.24.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other; please specify below

Votes: 39 50.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I doubt it… Early 2021s don’t have 16GB. He certainly meant that.
No body knows what the Charlatan means; not even the Charlatan himself, most of the time… 😂

1671076630746.jpeg

Really simple, though. I mean, SD cards are filthy cheap and take seconds to install. It’s quite a bit different when you’re talking about a main board with RAM soldered to it. 😅
Of course RAM and SD cards are very different. I was told the SD card was for storage. At the time I was complaining that my music streaming was was taking a long time to load next song when I skipped. They indicated It should help with my music queue. It did seem to help.
My point in bringing this up is that I’m wondering if the 16GB requirement might just be for Steam game storage.

Of course RAM and SD cards are very different. I was told the SD card was for storage. At the time I was complaining that my music streaming was was taking a long time to load next song when I skipped. They indicated It should help with my music queue. It did seem to help.
My point in bringing this up is that I’m wondering if the 16GB requirement might just be for Steam game storage.

I think there's still confusion here. 16GB requirement is for RAM, not storage. I believe the early refresh cars have 8GB RAM, 64GB storage. The later models that year and on have 16GB RAM, and 128GB storage.

I thought it was 8GB RAM/128GB Storage upgraded to 16GB RAM/256GB Storage for the 2022 model year.
I've heard both sets of numbers touted. Someone on Reddit who posted videos of Steam said that when he fired up Steam he only had 80GB available in the car. It's unlikely it was 256GB to start with, in this case, even factoring in the car's OS. Clearly not enough new S cars out there with this update to check what's really going on.

*edit*

From the OP's post here:

"Steam is not recognizing my external SSD drive (connected to the USB port inside the glovebox for sentry mode footages), so I only have about 80 GB internal storage to install games..."

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne