Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed Tesla Model X issues: frozen camera, brake fault, high voltage system fault, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My question was not about fixing or not fixing the car, but about the choices I have. For example, if it were any other manufacturer, I could simply go to another service center and fix it in hours. But we Tesla, they choose the service center, and the service center dictates such ridiculous conditions for the repair.
Actually you pick the service center you want to go with. Sure they are all owned by Tesla, but you do have a choice.

Actually you pick the service center you want to go with. Sure they are all owned by Tesla, but you do have a choice.
When I scheduled an appointment, it was assigned to a mobile device automatically. Then they changed it to the closest service center. I didn’t have a choice at all. Should I call them instead of using the mobile app to choose a service center myself?

Hello new here. Just wanted to share my recent experience. I had this issue with my 2022 model x plaid. The issues started after using a super charger. The main display started to freeze and the system rebooted itself. Lost the rear view camera feed and all FSD, autopilot, cruise control etc.

I had an appointment at a service center to fix a few issues that was wrong at delivery. The right rear FWD would rub against the rear window trim. And it started to rub off the paint on the trim. The door handles weren't aligned. When the FWD opens it would create a large gap between the interior door panel and the door itself. Snapping it back into place was only a temporary fix until you open the door the next time.

I was a little disappointed that my scheduled appointment got moved back 3 times. This is my first Tesla so this experience was a lot different than what I'm used to with previous vehicles. Took the car in last Thursday. Told them about the software glitches and FSD not working. They told me the car would be ready by 5pm the same day. Ended up keeping the car until Sunday.

The service center was able to fix the software glitch. FSD working again. Rear view camera no longer freezes. No more right rear restraint warnings. Although I did receive turn signal fault warning again today. FWD no longer rubs. Door handles are perfectly aligned. They replaced the window trim piece with a brand new one. Everything was covered under warranty. Hope eases some concerns out there. I was a bit concerned also

My question was not about fixing or not fixing the car, but about the choices I have. For example, if it were any other manufacturer, I could simply go to another service center and fix it in hours. But we Tesla, they choose the service center, and the service center dictates such ridiculous conditions for the repair.

I don't think it's ridiculous conditions. Your car seems uniquely broken in a way that warrants a more detailed look. It may very well be a lemon and at the end of the day, they may offer a buyback. Either way, they want to ensure what whatever fix they are coming up with 100% resolves the issue and the best way to do that is to have direct/constant access to the car.

I would let them have the car assuming they provide a loaner and not the dumb-a** Uber credits.

Reactions: jc368 and MP3Mike
What did they do to resolve it?
From the looks of the invoice, the main camera on the triple camera assembly was broken. Both male and female connectors were broken in the harness. So they removed and replaced the camera and overhead console to fix the full self driving. They said if any of the cameras malfunction then the car gets glitchy. That's when the weird warnings start showing up. If some of the wire harnesses aren't plugged together tightly, you may here a type of squeaking sound coming from front driver side. The rear right restraint warning was a firmware issue. And should be resolved with the newest update. I'm currently on 2022.12.3.2

Been running errands all morning. So far no issues.

From the looks of the invoice, the main camera on the triple camera assembly was broken. Both male and female connectors were broken in the harness. So they removed and replaced the camera and overhead console to fix the full self driving. They said if any of the cameras malfunction then the car gets glitchy. That's when the weird warnings start showing up. If some of the wire harnesses aren't plugged together tightly, you may here a type of squeaking sound coming from front driver side. The rear right restraint warning was a firmware issue. And should be resolved with the newest update. I'm currently on 2022.12.3.2

Been running errands all morning. So far no issues.
They recalled firmware before 2022.12.3.3 for all refreshed cars. That's weird that they didn't perform the update before returning you the car. It's highly likely that you may hit the problem described in this thread after a long trip, preheating and supercharging.

They recalled firmware before 2022.12.3.3 for all refreshed cars. That's weird that they didn't perform the update before returning you the car. It's highly likely that you may hit the problem described in this thread after a long trip, preheating and supercharging.
Now that I have my wall connector installed I probably won't be needing a super charger anytime soon to see if the problem happens again. I wasn't too concerned with the FSD issues. I knew it could be fixed via hardware replacement or software update. I was more concerned with the falcon wing door adjustment. I've read a lot of horror stories. Overall I'm pretty stoked with the car. Took a while to get a service appointment but it was worth the wait. They were able to address all my issues. All covered under warranty. Unfortunately didn't get a loaner.

But I'll keep an eye out to see if things start getting wonky again. Keep you guys updated. It was a bummer when all the cool tech wasn't working. It felt like it wasn't a Tesla anymore and I was driving a normal car. Until I step on the accelerator and take turns that feel like I'm in a sedan. Still an enjoyable experience lol Still haven't tried plaid yet. Sport has been plenty fun

Reactions: BamaATL
I finally got my car back today with a new computer -- took 9 days to accomplish. They say they are confident it will clear all the problems (which for me were only around supercharging). I won't find out until Memorial Day weekend when I have to drive 330 miles X2.
It seems that they are investigating our cars. Mine got stuck there too - no repairs have been done so far, just testing.

I finally got my car back today with a new computer -- took 9 days to accomplish. They say they are confident it will clear all the problems (which for me were only around supercharging). I won't find out until Memorial Day weekend when I have to drive 330 miles X2.

Hopefully it will resolve it for you. I have 1 successful long weekend trip with my new computer. I won’t be taking another long trip until June.

What part number is on your invoice for the new computer? Mine was 1637790-S0-F.

Reactions: aus1ander
Yea that was my part number too — also haven’t tried to supercharge — haven’t even got my cameras to recalibrate… lol … I’m still on the .2 software so it would be interesting if I did try supercharging before I get the update

Reactions: mr-dmitry
Tesla Service has failed to complete the repair within 4 days because remote Tesla engineers didn't allow them to even start the repair. They are just doing some experiments on the car, and I'm paying for this.

The chances for successfully applying the Lemons law are reaching 100%. This is the 2nd appointment. It has been rescheduled 4 times. They have forgotten to order parts in time 3 times. And now even the estimated completion date has been changed 1 time (more to come).

Is it possible to revoke the authorization for the remote Tesla engineers to use the car?

Last edited: