Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refund on CPO Model S in the UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dpeilow

May 23, 2008
Winchester, UK
My brother is interested in a CPO Model S but there appears to be no info about whether it is possible to cancel and get a refund of the £4k deposit before delivery, or returning the car after delivery if it isn't up to scratch.

He has some questions before putting the money down like what the remainder of the MOT is, how many times it has been supercharged etc. He has requested a call back on the website last week and I have emailed known contacts and been promised a call back. Neither of us have heard anything.

Does anyone know the score with this? Are we just covered under the distance selling regulations?

As he said on Friday, they don't seem too keen to sell cars...

The distance selling regulations apply to secondhand goods, in the same way as they apply to new goods.
Online and distance selling
Accepting returns and giving refunds: the law

Tesla tends to have the wording appropriate to the USA on the UK website but they can't alter the law or take away your consumer rights through a contract. Interestingly, the 14 day right of return for online purchases is increased to 12 months if the vendor fails to inform a customer of their consumer rights, at the time of purchase.

I forget where I saw it, but looking at exactly this issue, I found a clause that states Tesla's terms do not attempt to change local laws and regulations.

Distance selling applies for online and telephone sales.