Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refund

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What about a loaner? Honestly, if they have a delivery date scheduled and they go back on it, they should give you a loaner. Not saying they will, but IMO, they should.

Agreed. In fact, someone in another thread said they were told their original vehicle could not be delivered because of some QC problem.

Tesla gave them a free rental car while they wait for another one.

I would push for that before I give up on them because the 3 is amazing!

They refused to give me a rental. Basically, they said since I had not paid for the car in full, only had a deposit, there is nothing they could do. Anyway, my refund request has been received and shows as pending. It's been a long 2.5 years of anticipation followed by acute disappointment. But life is short and time to say goodbye. Good luck to all. Who knows -- I may be back in a couple of years when my new least expires. My admiration for the disruptive technology and innovations that Tesla has brought to the automotive industry, Just too bad that they never learned the basics of simple customer service. This will hopefully change. But, part of selling cars is not rocket science, and indeed, it is the rocket science that Tesla has excelled at. It would have been good if they could have learned the lessons from Apple to sweat the details, not just the tech.

• Informative
Reactions: moonfresh
Life Lesson: If you rely on vehicle transportation, do not sell or give away your vehicle prior to taking delivery of another. This applies no matter the car company, but it is especially true in the case of Tesla, because they assign each customer a specific VIN prior to performing a final on-site inspection, and, if Tesla discovers issues during the final inspection, they will delay delivery,

Last edited:
Finally got the confirmation that my refund is in progress. I feel the weight of the interminable 2.5 year wait off my shoulder. And yes, pun intended. As for life seasons alluded to above, well, I have purchased or leased no less than 25 cars, and never experienced anything like the chicanary of this debacle with Tesla. I have continued to read posts that make me all the more convinced that the road ahead could be a bumpy one, especially given the SEC enforced changes in corporate management, and the departures of key management over the past few months. Yes, the car is amazing, but the life lesson I take away from it all is that it is a car we're talking about. I need to devote my energy to more constructive and meaningful endeavors, especially when there are some great substitutes that will be coming to the market in the next 24 months. What's another year or two wait, when I've already waited 2.5 years. Meanwhile, I am in a new car, and love it! Good luck to all.

Reactions: moonfresh and shiz
It sure is upsetting when you make all those plans to pickup and then the delivery doesn't happen.

But...

convinced that the road ahead could be a bumpy one, especially given the SEC enforced changes in corporate management, and the departures of key management over the past few months.

... with that outlook and attitude you are better off without a Tesla.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: golfpilot and shiz
All I gotta say is sometimes a lot of hot comes with a lot of crazy.

Tesla is going to report what approximately 55,000 deliveries tomorrow or Tuesday?

Out of all your 25 other cars, none was a Tesla and non has the crushing amount of demand like the 3 has.

I have a friend I met through here who was making payments and paying interest on a car he didn’t have a VIN for.

That was crazy.

He never settled however and is a proud owner of a badass 3P+.

Good luck.

Finally got the confirmation that my refund is in progress. I feel the weight of the interminable 2.5 year wait off my shoulder. And yes, pun intended. As for life seasons alluded to above, well, I have purchased or leased no less than 25 cars, and never experienced anything like the chicanary of this debacle with Tesla. I have continued to read posts that make me all the more convinced that the road ahead could be a bumpy one, especially given the SEC enforced changes in corporate management, and the departures of key management over the past few months. Yes, the car is amazing, but the life lesson I take away from it all is that it is a car we're talking about. I need to devote my energy to more constructive and meaningful endeavors, especially when there are some great substitutes that will be coming to the market in the next 24 months. What's another year or two wait, when I've already waited 2.5 years. Meanwhile, I am in a new car, and love it! Good luck to all.

So the complete deposit is refundable...good to know because I plan to cancel myself. 4 failed delivery dates. First 3 was a totaled disaster: car is not here, car is damaged, and etc. The 4th one, which was today, did not have my referral code so I wouldn't be able to get 6months of supercharging. I told my sales advisor 2 weeks ago that I would add autopilot if I could get 6months of supercharging, which is given to anyone right now. They got the autopilot but not the referral code. That was suppose to be the silver lining to my disastrous/costly experience. 4 days off work and paying my buddy $250 for a ride sucked. I live 3 hours away. Going to cancel for this year and just wait next year for the standard range. Hopefully "delivery hell" is over by then. What's interesting is that it is the same car that I have been trying to buy since September (same vin). You would think management would make my case a priority. Good luck to everyone else.

So the complete deposit is refundable...good to know because I plan to cancel myself. 4 failed delivery dates. First 3 was a totaled disaster: car is not here, car is damaged, and etc. The 4th one, which was today, did not have my referral code so I wouldn't be able to get 6months of supercharging. I told my sales advisor 2 weeks ago that I would add autopilot if I could get 6months of supercharging, which is given to anyone right now. They got the autopilot but not the referral code. That was suppose to be the silver lining to my disastrous/costly experience. 4 days off work and paying my buddy $250 for a ride sucked. I live 3 hours away. Going to cancel for this year and just wait next year for the standard range. Hopefully "delivery hell" is over by then. What's interesting is that it is the same car that I have been trying to buy since September (same vin). You would think management would make my case a priority. Good luck to everyone else.

6 months of supercharging could be worth anything between 0 and 500 bucks.

And I'm sure they can fix the referral code easy enough. Some field to update in your account is probably easier than arranging 4 deliveries of a physical car.

Good luck - seems strange to quit a race you made it 99% of the way.

And I'm sure they can fix the referral code easy enough. Some field to update in your account is probably easier than arranging 4 deliveries of a physical car.

It is interesting that many posts say “call Tesla...” but no one puts the phone number or email to use.

All I can say is that I’m glad I never quit. Albeit, it never really crossed my mind. I always tamed my expectations so that I was never extremely pissed off, just mildly disappointed.

Plus, I literally have no other option. No other car excites me like a Tesla.

Just got off the phone with customer service, average wait time is 45minutes, and she told me that since there was no incentive at the time I ordered it, Tesla would not honor the 6months of free supercharging. I thought it would be an easy case since I was going to add 5k for autopilot. That would really suck, just asking for what is already being giving out. Has anyone been successful on getting this supercharging deal while ordering before the incentive has kick in? Thanks.

I'd just sit back and give it some time, OP.

I'd let them work out the new model kinks and start producing better quality builds and then re-order when the craze dies down.

Early adopters of tech are almost never rewarded and in fact usually pay a heavy price for not much more than saying you have the new product offering before others.