Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refused Delivery Today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to pick up my white/black AWD LR 19” today and had to refuse delivery.
VIN 09xxx
So disappointing.
Problems:
- some minor black scuffs on the driver and passenger door. Random piece of tape left on the driver side rear of car.
- scratch on the back of interior passenger seat.
- button to fold single back seat didn’t work

All of those things seemed pretty minor to me and no big deal. The real problem was the liner at the top of the hatch was totally gaping and obviously not right. Upon further inspection the space between the glass of the hatch and the car was way too wide. I don’t think it would properly seal. That’s when we decided not take delivery. The delivery person also agreed.

Really disappointing that these major flaws weren’t caught. I’m so thankful for this forum that I knew to go and really inspect the car. I only managed to get pictures of the gaping liner.
upload_2020-6-14_14-0-24.jpeg

upload_2020-6-14_14-1-41.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
VIN 09xxx
So disappointing.
Problems:
- some minor black scuffs on the driver and passenger door. Random piece of tape left on the driver side rear of car.

All of those things seemed pretty minor to me and no big deal. The real problem was the liner at the top of the hatch was totally gaping and obviously not right. Upon further inspection the space between the glass of the hatch and the car was way too wide. I don’t think it would properly seal. That’s when we decided not take delivery. The delivery person also agreed.

Really disappointing that these major flaws weren’t caught. I’m so thankful for this forum that I knew to go and really inspect the car. I only managed to get pictures of the gaping liner.
View attachment 551468
View attachment 551469

What a bummer... Sorry your delivery didn't go well. Did they even indicate or offer at all to fix those issues for you?

I refused mine on Tuesday (vin 43xx), assigned new vin 127xx on Friday, and scheduled to go in for the delivery this afternoon. It won’t take you long to get assigned with a new vin. Good luck!

So sorry to hear about your experience...disappointing indeed. Thank you for sharing yet another area I need to inspect at my delivery. Were you able to open up the doors and hatch and inspect before accepting delivery? I thought that you had to accept delivery before you could unlock the doors?

So sorry to hear about your experience...disappointing indeed. Thank you for sharing yet another area I need to inspect at my delivery. Were you able to open up the doors and hatch and inspect before accepting delivery? I thought that you had to accept delivery before you could unlock the doors?
Actually you are right, she had to mark me as delivered, but then when found the bigger issues inside she said the manager could go in and mark it has undelivered.

That just looks like a headliner clip, not a seal issue to me. (I've pulled headliners down like that to put in rear camera wires.)
Yes, I only got a picture of the liner issue. The glass/seal issue was when the hatch was closed. The space was such that it was slightly open to the outside, like if it rained, rain would get in. I have to admit, I am not a car person and probably using the wrong terms.

I refused mine on Tuesday (vin 43xx), assigned new vin 127xx on Friday, and scheduled to go in for the delivery this afternoon. It won’t take you long to get assigned with a new vin. Good luck!
Much better this time! Very happy with the new car. Few minor gap issues, but nothing major. I left the car at the SC to get those issues fixed and re-scheduled delivery for tomorrow.

VIN 09xxx
So disappointing.
Problems:

View attachment 551468
View attachment 551469
I also had a white/black/LRAWD/19”/non-performance vin#94xx that was rejected on Saturday in San Diego. I posted the experience under Delivery and Rejection. Car had multiple fitment issues, same seat problems as yours. Tesla is aware of the-seat issue.
Wonder if others with the Vin# series 9xxx are experiencing the same problems?

I think this is why Elon emailed about the GA4 assembly quality and rework last week (or the week before). Its obvisoutly a problem, and one I hope is fixed before my 14xxx VIN was built (and gets here on Saturday)!