Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reg Number before delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"They are planning 100 deliveries every 30 mins at Heathrow over the next few days and it is manic"

Heathrow delivery quotes get odder by the minute.

That's about, what, 1600 cars a day, from a single delivery site? Notwithstanding there are not enough cars in the country to do that it would be complete madness to try.

I thought their claim of 150 a day was unlikely enough..

Just relaying what they told me!!! I am also taking all this with a pinch of salt but if it is true I expect mayhem by my afternoon pick up time. Irrespective of the actual numbers delivered I suspect the 15 mins per handover is probably fairly accurate... which gives us hardly any time to confirm all is well before being kicked out.

This is definitely a new purchasing experience for me. Feels like a 60k “commodity” not a “luxury purchase”.

If the information I was told by Tesla today is correct - that they are doing hand overs in 15 mins per customer - you’ll do well to get through that checklist!
When it comes to mine I think I will make my own version of this list that is split into 1) Check before driving off and 2) Check within 24 hours. I don't think it's going to be realistic to check more than a selection of critical stuff... Certainly not in 15 minutes.

Sorry for the repeat question but I have had no confirmation of fund receipt from tesla and obviously no reg plate for a delivery tomorrow
It was really difficult for me to take tomorrow half day off.
Does anyone know if they are able to check account for payment from the SC? I really can’t afford to make the trip only to be asked to come another day.

Sorry for the repeat question but I have had no confirmation of fund receipt from tesla and obviously no reg plate for a delivery tomorrow
It was really difficult for me to take tomorrow half day off.
Does anyone know if they are able to check account for payment from the SC? I really can’t afford to make the trip only to be asked to come another day.

When Tesla emailed me today they were replying to my emails asking for the reg. Maybe if I didn't email them they wouldn't have replied?

I'd go tomorrow. Get the quote from the insurance company ready, so that all you need to do is to phone them with reg and card details to finalise. That's what I was planning until I got the reg at 3 pm. I can't see them failing to deliver the car to you.

I was told on the phone last week (when they phoned me to confirm my appointment) that Tesla do not automatically confirm payment but the SC will have access to payments received at collection. Strange but true.

If the information I was told by Tesla today is correct - that they are doing hand overs in 15 mins per customer - you’ll do well to get through that checklist!

Perhaps. But having spent £50k on a car if (or rather when) I collect it I will almost certainly want to spend more than 15 minutes asking questions and paying close attention to it before I drive off. I’m entitled to do so and they can hardly kick me out can they? o_O Happy for them to have a target of 15 minutes but if I want to take an hour that’s what I’ll be doing :D

Reactions: MrBadger
Perhaps. But having spent £50k on a car if (or rather when) I collect it I will almost certainly want to spend more than 15 minutes asking questions and paying close attention to it before I drive off. I’m entitled to do so and they can hardly kick me out can they? o_O Happy for them to have a target of 15 minutes but if I want to take an hour that’s what I’ll be doing :D

So as one of the last handovers of the day, it does sound like I'll be waiting a while....

• Funny
Reactions: interbear and dst87

Hope I am not behind you in the queue!

• Funny
Reactions: interbear

wait for everyone to take delivery that day, then ask all the questions you like.

Any change in process here? I'm now five days away from collection, and no registration number yet..........call centre seems jammed up too, so cannot raise anyone there.

Does anyone collecting next week have their registration number yet?

Any change in process here? I'm now five days away from collection, and no registration number yet..........call centre seems jammed up too, so cannot raise anyone there.

Does anyone collecting next week have their registration number yet?

Just called again, straight through, license plate allocated. So far so good - have my plate number for the insurance five days ahead.....may the smooth sailing continue.....

Reactions: davidmc and Roy W.