Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regen Braking Preferred 3 settings.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love the regen. At lower speeds (<50 MPH), I think the regen is quite good and adequate for 90% of my desired deceleration. At high speed, the mass and momentum of the vehicle produce noticeably less deceleration due to the kW limit and I'd entertain more regen for sure.

That said, my biggest complaint is the lack of "blended" braking below 5 MPH. Give me that feature in the GUI so I can select it and have REAL 1 pedal driving! Since the PM motor doesn't produce any regen below about 5 MPH, today, I have to use the brake pedal every single time I stop (unless going up hill). This guarantees that I will NOT experience true 1 pedal driving. Give me a little friction assist option in the GUI that brings me to a complete stop (just like TACC does). It only takes a tiny little friction assist, but that little option would make me VERY happy.

Can anyone confirm that AWD Model 3 regen is higher than RWD? Has it been quantified?

Still waiting for higher regen for my MS85 and an on-screen slider to vary its max setting while driving as I like low regen for long-distance highway travel but prefer very high regen for all other driving.

Still waiting for higher regen for my MS85 and an on-screen slider to vary its max setting while driving as I like low regen for long-distance highway travel but prefer very high regen for all other driving.

I doubt it will ever happen. Interestingly, the BMS reports max power and max regen data at any given moment. Those values change with state of charge, temperature and a few other things. Under good conditions, the max regen value is actually 100 kW. The highest I could ever measure was only 72 kW when going pretty fast and letting go of the pedal suddenly. So there is some wiggle room. Jason Hughes modified one of his cars to go to 100 kW regen. I'm sure Tesla has a reason to limit it.