Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Registration?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We need a certain amount of dollars coming in to cover expenses - if discounts are given to couples, then it would impact overall prices for everyone, while we tried to figure out the mix. The discount comes from the fact that you can share your hotel room.

Hopefully you all understand that the budget is tight, lots of stuff to pay for, and those kinds of discounts just won't happen. This is truly a grassroots effort, we are doing our best to keep costs down for everyone. There won't be a discount for couples. Truly sorry.

We need a certain amount of dollars coming in to cover expenses - if discounts are given to couples, then it would impact overall prices for everyone, while we tried to figure out the mix. The discount comes from the fact that you can share your hotel room.

Hopefully you all understand that the budget is tight, lots of stuff to pay for, and those kinds of discounts just won't happen. This is truly a grassroots effort, we are doing our best to keep costs down for everyone. There won't be a discount for couples. Truly sorry.

Bonnie,

Lame, but i understand. Maybe you should consider "counting" couples as one, and charging extra for the reception and breakfast (which seem to me to be the only incrimental headcount dependent items).

We'll definitely consider it for next year. Sorry if you felt an honest answer was lame. Please keep in mind that we're all holding regular daytime jobs, that we do not have a bankroll behind us. The simpler we keep this, the easier it will be to pull off the good event we want.

I'm looking at other conferences and have yet to find one that gives discounts for couples. Nope to MacWorld. Nope to SXSW. Nope, not Coachella. Nope to any of the regulatory things I go to. And not even the local Sacramento Home Show gives discounts for couples. I'm sure we can probably find one (meaning, please don't start posting links) - but it is not the norm.

Just signed up! Very exciting. So now, I hereby promise all my TMC buddies -whom I've yet to meet- that I will reserve my PX BEFORE TESLIVE. Gotta do it sooner or later. The very last time I came out there for work, we ended up coming home w a LEAF from Vacaville, on a trailer of course. Couldn't buy one in Utah at the time, now they're all over the place.

Right now we are in the middle of a multi loan/property refi. According to accountant/wife, I'm not to make $5k disappear or add it to credit liability 'til it's done. Funny, they used to just hand out $$$ when you asked nicely.

Dear mortgage lender & associates: pay no attention to the previous post.

See you all Soon!! ML

Right now we are in the middle of a multi loan/property refi. According to accountant/wife, I'm not to make $5k disappear or add it to credit liability 'til it's done. Funny, they used to just hand out $$$ when you asked nicely.

Dear mortgage lender & associates: pay no attention to the previous post.

If you have the cash there's actually no change to your personal financial situation as the deposit is fully refundable at any time and it counts as a cash asset. If you use credit for the $5k deposit it makes hardly a dent in your personal balance sheet as the debt is offset by the new cash asset. OTOH, never argue with your accountant/wife. :smile:

Look forward to seeing you!