Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regrets [Anyone regret trading in their ICE for their Tesla?]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

See that 286 Number? That's the actual energy you're using in the car to go one mile. The car has ~74,000 Wh of energy, so 74,000/286 = 258 miles of range on a full battery.

If you get that 286 number down to 240 where the EPA pins it (speed and acceleration are the biggest factors here) and you will get 74,000/240 = 308 miles of range on a full charge.

But why do that to yourself? Just enjoy the car and just plug the car in when you're not driving it. Florida has a million superchargers if you need to juice up in a pinch.

See that 286 Number? That's the actual energy you're using in the car to go one mile. The car has ~74,000 Wh of energy, so 74,000/286 = 258 miles of range on a full battery.

If you get that 286 number down to 240 where the EPA pins it (speed and acceleration are the biggest factors here) and you will get 74,000/240 = 308 miles of range on a full charge.

But why do that to yourself? Just enjoy the car and just plug the car in when you're not driving it. Florida has a million superchargers if you need to juice up in a pinch.

It's not really that hard. My numbers are usually around the 250s for a typical commute, not really trying. Just not driving like all the other maniacs. :)

I've still got an ice weekend toy and an ice van the van will never go until it dies because it's just so useful at everything. The toy we'll see because I honestly can't see me using it at all now. From my last car before tesla I miss the cooled seats other than that the tesla has converted me to EV plug in when I get home most of the time don't even think about energy etc it just works.

I bought mine almost fully loaded out the door for 72k. So it's variable, but yes in the same ballpark for sure.

X3M has had numerous direct comparisons with the MYP by media outlets, so lets not pretend its a Ferrari. I'm actually paying more per month on the MYP...
Peace of mind too and no costly BMW expensive parts.. You save in the end. I came from an X3 as well. Problems galore!

Those high resale values were speculative at best....Buying a depreciating asset, and expecting a profitable market return is a disappointing decision in the making. Very few will exactly time the market to make such an investment work.
I could care less about making a profit, but I'd like to be able to trade my car in without taking a 15-20k loss. Resale value was baked into the current prices that people are paying and it just isn't commensurate anymore. Not even close.