Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regrets [Anyone regret trading in their ICE for their Tesla?]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Certainly hoping mine will last for a long time. I don't know if I've got the guts to keep them past the battery warranty, as I still obsessively watch the battery degradation on Teslafi. :oops:
Easy solutions: stop stressing out over Teslafi degradation stats ;) . Teslafi, like the rest of them, is showing you numbers based on BMS battery capacity estimate which is far from precise or reliable. Many reported that the BMS numbers go up and down based on usage, discharge percentage, etc. The numbers you see often represent the usage habits more than the actual battery capacity.

Easy solutions: stop stressing out over Teslafi degradation stats ;) . Teslafi, like the rest of them, is showing you numbers based on BMS battery capacity estimate which is far from precise or reliable. Many reported that the BMS numbers go up and down based on usage, discharge percentage, etc. The numbers you see often represent the usage habits more than the actual battery capacity.
The logical part of my brain knows all that, but that's not the part of brain that checks degradation stats.😂

K, now I'm wondering if you're just trolling? You talked about Range and we educated you on that and now you bring up reliability with seemingly no particular points about why you would think a Tesla would be unreliable? It has a fraction of the moving parts that an ICE car has to break.
No not trolling. I am not someone who changes their car often, and I hope the tesla is a good choice.

No not trolling. I am not someone who changes their car often, and I hope the tesla is a good choice.

You don't seem very happy. You dont like the range, you dont like it on the highway which you do alot of and you dont think it will last.

You may want to consider selling it while the value is still there and getting something you do like.

Maybe idk. 180+ comments and there always seems to be something else he doesn't like. Nothing wrong with that, some cars are just not a good fit for some people. The longer you wait, the bigger the loss.
True, Don't know if I've seen whether he truly doesn't want the car or it's just not suited for him or not. I don't get the feeling he's trolling though.

True, Don't know if I've seen whether he truly doesn't want the car or it's just not suited for him or not. I don't get the feeling he's trolling though.
I’m not. I really like it to be honest. It’s just with a gas car you know what to expect. It’s just new. Ya know. And like I said, when I drove my mothers Mercedes, it was weird. It was weird to break again. Coasting was weird.

So you changed your X to Y. How do you like it in comparison? I thought people trying to upsize Y to X but not the other way around. Probably X should be more comfortable to ride compared to Y.
I enjoy my new Model Y, but I wish the ride comfort would be better. It has a pretty stiff suspension.
Sold the MS in 18 and purchased the X. Currently have the X and the Y. The X is the wife's car and I Daily the Y. She loves the X. Truly a diva car with the FWD, auto present driver door ect. It is smoother than the Y but I love the Y suspension. My wife really don't care for riding in the Y so on any long trips, we'll take hers. There is more room (cargo) in the Y over the X but that's mainly because we upgraded the back seats to the captain chairs. The 3rd seats do fold down but not as much room as folding down the Y rear seats. If we have friends ride with us, we'll take the X due to the nicer higher back seats. It's not that the Y rear seats are uncomfortable, it's just the captain seats in the X are very nice. I don't miss not having air suspension on the Y for it sits up high enough that I really never find any reason to go higher. I really don't mess with the X suspension. We just set it and forget it. The X drives nice but it's not a sports car feel. It's very nice for road trips especially with the large windshield. I do like the two screens. A 3d nav screen is always on the left of the driver screen which allows you to have other apps open on the main screen. Also, with the larger screen in the X you can have more than one app and still see the nav screen. The Y has a much lower dash and gives you a very nice immersive driving experience over the X. Now the Y is no sports car but sure feels good all curves. With the ghost Performance upgrade, it is a blast to drive. I've had my share of sports, muscle cars but there's something about wanting to get behind the wheel of the Y and just let it rip.

Reactions: Art84 and MyMYLRnw
To the OP, I can’t remember how many ICE cars I’ve had but they include several BMWs (a Bangle 6, a 2002 M3 and three other 3s) and I‘ve had five EVs (a Leaf, a Soul EV, two Chevy Bolts and a MYP), as well as two Miatas (still have the 2016), a 2004 and 2006 GTO, among many, many more over the years and I will NEVER buy another BMW (or ICE car) again. I got so tired of the BMW repair tax (after they were out of warranty). The BMWs, in particular, were awful as far as maintenance. Since we switched to EVs, I’ve had nearly almost no maintenance costs (well, tires, wiper blades, windshield wiper fluid), and no repairs needed (okay, I had to have the 2020 Bolt battery replaced under warranty but, hey...)

No, regrets I really love it and all the perks/features. I do still have ICE cars but rarely drive them as one pedal driving is so comfortable (which is ironic as I was most worried about that before I bought the car (didnt test drive etc just ordered the MYP online and hoped for the best) and to @Jagular definitely relate to the BMW maintenace/repair cost especially N62 and N63 engines

Zero regrets switching from BMW X3 to MY with FSDb.

Now that I've owned it for more than 6 months and 22,000km, I can safely say that I have zero range anxiety.

I also know I will never own an ICE car for the rest of my life. EV gives me too many new options that ICE cars cannot provide because they don't carry a big battery around. It enables so many new options while you travel around.

In fact, this is pretty close to a dream come true scenario for me. 😁

Reactions: MyMYLRnw and DrGriz
I'll be trading my MYP in the first chance I get... I've always had a spot in my garage reserved for a special performance car (BMW M3cs, Giulia Quad, etc.) that supplemented my wife's MY SR and our "beater" Honda Fit. I naively thought that the MYP could fill the void that the M3 and Giulias left, but to me it just hasn't. There's really nothing special or unique about the car other than its off the line speed, which gets old after awhile.

Again, this is probably more of a "me" thing, but just being honest. In fairness my wife loves her SR and will hang onto it forever most likely.