Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rejected 1st car - 2nd car so much better

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I rejected my original car about a week ago, you can see the photos and details on that car here. Yesterday I had my second delivery and this car looked great, the VIN number is 39,9xxx.

The guys at Tesla Santa Barbara really worked some magic as I didn’t expect to get the second delivery as quickly as I did and for that car to be pretty much perfect. They even sent photos a few days before delivery just to check with me if I saw anything that stood out and needed to be fixed prior to my delivery.

I’m so glad that I rejected the first car and decided to wait for another one, it would have been totally worth it even if I would have had to wait 1-2 more months.

Here are some pictures:

IMG_3928.jpg
IMG_3929.jpg
IMG_3931.jpg
IMG_3934.jpg

IMG_3998.jpg

It's so different from my BMW 1M, I like to think of them as the best of both worlds :)

Hey that's fantastic news! The car looks great! I just actually moved to the area and may be placing an order soon with this location as my delivery center.

How did the actual conversation go down of stating you would be rejecting? Did they act surprised? Or at this point they know the script that errors/and rushed cars are being pushed out? I just wanted to get the feel that it's something that they aren't a stranger to. Did you have to cause a ton of commotion to turn it down?

I test drove a white one just like the one you got with white interior and hopefully looking to pull the trigger soon!

Hey that's fantastic news! The car looks great! I just actually moved to the area and may be placing an order soon with this location as my delivery center.

How did the actual conversation go down of stating you would be rejecting? Did they act surprised? Or at this point they know the script that errors/and rushed cars are being pushed out? I just wanted to get the feel that it's something that they aren't a stranger to. Did you have to cause a ton of commotion to turn it down?

I test drove a white one just like the one you got with white interior and hopefully looking to pull the trigger soon!

It was never a problem to reject the car, they just said they wanted to make sure I'm happy. When I mentioned the issues, they saw them and didn't really argue about it or anything. What I was surprised about was how quickly I got the second car, it went from me rejecting a car to getting a new one delivered within a week.

Reactions: Blitz3RS
Sorry forgot to add the link and I don't think I can edit the post anymore? Anyway here is the link to the old car: Another Model Y rejected today

Thank you. Damn, first one had a completely different color white bumper. I ordered same color as you. Hoping for the best

Haha I commented on that previous thread of yours: "WTF is that. Jesus, how did the SA thought it was ok to deliver that. I would have been upset that he wasted my time driving to just reject it."

Last edited:
It was never a problem to reject the car, they just said they wanted to make sure I'm happy. When I mentioned the issues, they saw them and didn't really argue about it or anything. What I was surprised about was how quickly I got the second car, it went from me rejecting a car to getting a new one delivered within a week.

Awesome! Glad to hear it all worked out so quickly. Also, love the 1M in the background! You take it out much or just special occasions?

After reading posts like your first one and others like it I had MY color changed from white to MSM. I could deal with the bumper being replaced but if the doors were a different shade of white I don't know if they would fix that. After showing my wife the posts she told me we should of got gray. I wanted gray at first. Always thought she wanted the white. My advisor Alvin in Westmont, Il has been a pleasure to work with. He was able to get it changed. Hopefully it doesn't delay delivery too much.

By the pictures of the new car it looks really sharp. Do you have the build date?

Thank you for doing a follow up post. Either they are getting better or there is not enough of these types of good posts out there.

For us, the "bad" posts helped us to realize that we both wanted a different color. The white with the induction wheels still looks bad ass.