Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rejected 4 cars, was told they would not request more cars for me

Would you reject this car

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a shareholder, I support stopping at 3 or 4 cars. A 5th one isn't going to be any better.

Not to wish harm but be careful about karma. When you finally find your "perfect" car (if that's still on the table), you might get a Power Reduced or Call Service message on your screen while driving home. The gaps should be the least of your worries.

• Funny
Reactions: Ciaopec and SMAlset
Look at the survey, almost 20% so far would reject it.

The members on the TMC forum are generally far more knowledgeable than the average person who shows up to pick up their Tesla from a delivery center. Most of these people have never heard of this forum and have no interest in reading anything here. I’ve seen people take delivery of cars that I would never remotely consider acceptable. It’s just not a big deal to the average Tesla buyer.

Prior to owning a Tesla I’ve never once showed up at a dealership with a tape measure looking for panel gap issues. The internet has made a bigger deal of the issue than I think it really is. And I’m one of those people that does show up with a tape measure to check the panels, so I’m not the average Tesla buyer.

Reactions: jjrandorin
As a shareholder, I support stopping at 3 or 4 cars. A 5th one isn't going to be any better.

Not to wish harm but be careful about karma. When you finally find your "perfect" car (if that's still on the table), you might get a Power Reduced or Call Service message on your screen while driving home. The gaps should be the least of your worries.

Or be unlucky and have it totalled shortly after.

I bought my Model 3 with a tight gap at the front of the hood and a slight misaligned panel near the headlight. Due billed it at purchase, body shop made the adjustments and it's perfect. Almost 1 year of enjoying every day in it. Sorry you missed out but I wouldn't want you coming back as a customer either after 4 rejections. I'm sure a lot of time went into matching you up with the config you wanted.

Last edited:
Yes because there is no other car comparable to Tesla, and I live minutes from delivery center.

I even saw several others I said I would take in case someone didn't show up. So all these people saying I was just looking for excuses are basically writing baseless nonsense.
why are you on here if you don't have a tesla & no prospects of getting one??

I rejected 4 M3's in a row, once each Saturday, all mainly due to significantly different taillight gap on left vs right side. Maybe I'm too perfectionist but it really bothers me. Anyone know if there are specific policies limiting how many times you can reject cars?

In my last visit I just took a caliper to record the difference.

View attachment 446153 View attachment 446154
Man life in general must be a great disappointment to you.

I hope all 4 M3 went to new owners!!! Especially if they were all white!!! There are many people waiting for these white M3 with taillight panel gaps that the only person looking for gaps will see and the rest will be amazed looking at a M3 cause it sure turns my head every-time I see one.
I am not "looking for gaps". It is impossible not to notice. Why are people so worked up that something specific bothers me or that they stand out more to me than others. I would notice that at any time. I have not seen a single modern car in parking lots with anything close to that. Of any brand. Does everyone have to be the same?

Last edited:
I am not "looking for gaps". It is impossible not to notice. Why are people so worked up that something specific bothers me.

If not then a caliper is not needed. All things in life comes with some sort of uniques “imperfection”. When you’re behind the wheel of a car you won’t see imperfections of the body, unless if that’s the only you see. Without hearing stories of gap and misaligned body panels you would never have checked. I bet that Toyota has gaps imperfection, I know my cheap Lexus does.

• Funny
Reactions: Ciaopec
I will still get a tesla later on. Nobody asked you to come here and read anything. Im not getting a honda or looking for "perfect" so go make your false comments somewhere else. **** **** ****

If you said what you typed in real life face to face convo I would laugh
hPqcKMe.png

This is getting out of hand. @cquin you started this thread knowing it could be controversial. In fact, you made it a poll. What did you expect? If you can’t stand the heat, stand down. Plus, your language is unacceptable and you are engaging in ad hominem attacks, which are both against the rules of this forum.

You don’t have to be sorry. There are plenty of dealerships he can go with those calipers ))
And by the way, the reason I brought the calipers is they told me the difference was 1mm on previous car, which was obviously false. I would not need any calipers in virtually any other brand because there would be nothing that would stand out. And secondly, you can usually chose from different cars.

I didn't correct any grammar look who typed that and tell me who looks stupid. Must have quoted accidentally.
Oh you were not attempting to correct someone with your one word reply to their post. Weird that your single word reply was the same as the first word in the corresponding post minus the “s” thereby changing the context. Weird. Also, I can tell you who sounds stupid, because I just read a post about someone using calipers and rejecting 4 cars in a row and being surprised when the dealer tells them to go somewhere else.

Last edited:
How about we all chill out here. Even if we would have done things differently we still should welcome new members who are considering buying a Tesla. Not everyone will buy and not everyone is a good fit. I brought a tape measure to the delivery center for my purchase and I’ve posted about it numerous times and nobody gave me a hard time about it. Yes, I agree rejecting four cars is a bit extreme but let’s not get so worked up about it. To each his own.