Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rejected 4 cars, was told they would not request more cars for me

Would you reject this car

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I rejected 4 M3's in a row, once each Saturday,...

This one's easy. You could, on the one hand, have been driving an imperfect Tesla for the past few weeks. On the other hand you could be complaining about how Tesla failed, which continuing to drive whatever piece of relative junk you drive now.

It's not a hard choice. You chose poorly.

This is getting out of hand. @cquin you started this thread knowing it could be controversial. In fact, you made it a poll. What did you expect? If you can’t stand the heat, stand down. Plus, your language is unacceptable and you are engaging in ad hominem attacks, which are both against the rules of this forum.

I can stand the heat fine. I will check the forum rules and follow them. And report all the others who have also broken them I am sure on this thread.

• Funny
Reactions: qdeathstar
This one's easy. You could, on the one hand, have been driving an imperfect Tesla for the past few weeks. On the other hand you could be complaining about how Tesla failed, which continuing to drive whatever piece of relative junk you drive now.

It's not a hard choice. You chose poorly.
hmm I must admit that is a good point. But I had my reservation from day one, so a few more months wont be the end of the world.

Last edited:
Oh you were not attempting to correct someone with your one word reply to their post. Weird that your single word reply was the same as the first word in the corresponding post minus the “s” thereby changing the context. Weird. Also, I can tell you who sounds stupid, because I just read a post about someone using calipers and rejecting 4 cars in a row and being surprised when the dealer tells them to go somewhere else.
I already told you that was accidentally quoted from someone elses post. Look it up.

And I never said I war surprised so stop making baseless silly comments.

Correction, I was going to type a reply, sounds like you... Im watching a movie and doing other work and lost track. One thing I never do is correct grammar, it has no value.

Last edited:
If not then a caliper is not needed. All things in life comes with some sort of uniques “imperfection”. When you’re behind the wheel of a car you won’t see imperfections of the body, unless if that’s the only you see. Without hearing stories of gap and misaligned body panels you would never have checked. I bet that Toyota has gaps imperfection, I know my cheap Lexus does.
I ALREADY SAID, I brought the caliper just because they claimed the difference was 1mm, which was nonsense told at 2.5 yelp star delivery center. So if they would repeat that I would show them that is false.

Look at toyota camrys yourself, it looks like 2mm on each side. Or go even look at any Kia.

I already told you that was accidentally quoted from someone elses post. Look it up.

And I never said I war surprised so stop making baseless silly comments.
It’s not baseless( but it is probably just as silly as this entire thread) as it can be easily inferred from your post, but ok, let’s go down that road. So you expected them to tell you no after the fourth car? That’s why it’s so prominently displayed in the title of your thread, because you expected it? Also, if it was an accidental quote, why type the word “sound”. Weird coincidence, just saying.

Why do people keep saying I need perfect gaps. I already said 50% larger would be ok. Ugh.

I’m not sure if I understand what you mean by 50%. If the gap on the driver side door is 2mm, the gap on the right side could only be 3mm to meet your 50% threshold. Realistically the gaps from one side to the other are going to vary by as much as 4mm before Tesla considers them out of tolerance. So a 2mm gap on the left with a 6mm gap on the right would be a 300% variation but still not really a big deal.

I rejected 4 M3's in a row, once each Saturday, all mainly due to significantly different taillight gap on left vs right side. Maybe I'm too perfectionist but it really bothers me. Anyone know if there are specific policies limiting how many times you can reject cars?

In my last visit I just took a caliper to record the difference.

View attachment 446153 View attachment 446154
It makes zero sense for you and Tesla to continue on. You aren’t happy with four different cars...Tesla might not be for you. It doesn’t matter what anyone else’s opinion is.

It makes zero sense for you and Tesla to continue on. You aren’t happy with four different cars...Tesla might not be for you. It doesn’t matter what anyone else’s opinion is.
Quality has been improving continuously, and Elon Musk wants to improve it dramatically, including panel gaps. So I expect
It’s not baseless( but it is probably just as silly as this entire thread) as it can be easily inferred from your post, but ok, let’s go down that road. So you expected them to tell you no after the fourth car? That’s why it’s so prominently displayed in the title of your thread, because you expected it? Also, if it was an accidental quote, why type the word “sound”. Weird coincidence, just saying.
Who would believe that it would be "sound". I thought I quoted someone, but I had started typing one reply and got distracted with other stuff here. I couldnt care less about grammar. But it is fine if you don't believe it who cares.

I’m not sure if I understand what you mean by 50%. If the gap on the driver side door is 2mm, the gap on the right side could only be 3mm to meet your 50% threshold. Realistically the gaps from one side to the other are going to vary by as much as 4mm before Tesla considers them out of tolerance. So a 2mm gap on the left with a 6mm gap on the right would be a 300% variation but still not really a big deal.

The left taillight is 8mm and the right 2.5mm which is about one side 300% the size of the other. One 50% larger (150% the size) would be 4.2mm vs 6.3mm.

And actually I would have taken double (200%) in the last delivery, but then with 300% it was even worse. So that would be 7mm vs 3.5mm. That is just my guess of what I could not find annoying to watch and that the sum of gaps is 10.5mm

If some people want to call that perfection then they are free to do so. But that makes zero sense. I haven't seen a single modern car with such difference. At least not Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Subaru, Chevy.

Actually the camry looks like 2mm total gap and I cannot even tell any difference is size visually. And even cheap corolla I cannot tell any difference visually. Now I will wait for someone to tell me to buy a Corolla, totally missing the point.

Quality has been improving continuously, and Elon Musk wants to improve it dramatically, including panel gaps. So I expect

Who would believe that it would be "sound". I thought I quoted someone, but I had started typing one reply and got distracted with other stuff here. I couldnt care less about grammar. But it is fine if you don't believe it who cares.
Gosh man ok, enough already it was an accident. Total accident that you quoted someone and then accidentally typed a one word response which ironically and purely by coincidence made it look as though you were trying to correct someone on a minor detail in their grammar.....I get it. Besides no one reading this thread would ever believe that small, minor details are something that bother you. So yeah, pure accident I get it. ;).