Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rejected 4 cars, was told they would not request more cars for me

Would you reject this car

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2016 MS with 115000 miles. With all this talk about panel gaps I decided to check my car. I think the left and right taillights are a bit off. I can't find my calipers but is it too late to reject it? Probably the reason the last 115000 miles have been so miserable; probably why lots of people stare at my car, too.

I know if I have to return a product and the replacement is unsatisfactory, I'm done. Were you planning to continue to get replacements until you found one you were happy with?

Yes because there is no other car comparable to Tesla, and I live minutes from delivery center.

I even saw several others I said I would take in case someone didn't show up. So all these people saying I was just looking for excuses are basically writing baseless nonsense.

Bets on whether this dude would have any idea about panel gaps if it wasn't an internet forum "thing" with regard to Tesla vehicles?

I had 0 knowledge of taillight gaps specifically, I heard about panel gaps and that they had improved considerably recently. I just looked and just wondered why the hell, and my GF who knows nothing about cars thought the same.

Yes because there is no other car comparable to Tesla, and I live minutes from delivery center.

So it was fairly convenient for you to be obstinate and refuse any reasonable attempts to fix the issues via a due bill. That’s cool and all, for you, but I’m not sure what you expect at this point.

Do you expect Tesla to keep wasting their time entertaining your unreasonableness? Do you think that’s their obligation?

What do you actually want done?

EMNMX.jpg

I have a 2016 MS with 115000 miles. With all this talk about panel gaps I decided to check my car. I think the left and right taillights are a bit off. I can't find my calipers but is it too late to reject it? Probably the reason the last 115000 miles have been so miserable; probably why lots of people stare at my car, too.

I’m with you brother. My rear lift gate glass is misaligned. After delivery I had to spend 90 seconds of my own valuable time aligning my passenger door trim.

Every time I get in the car for the past 90,000 miles I’ve cried some pretty serious Michael Jordan tears. It bothers me to think how much better my ownership experience would have been had I spent a month kicking back 4 cars in the relentless pursuit of perfection.

So it was fairly convenient for you to be obstinate and refuse any reasonable attempts to fix the issues via a due bill. That’s cool and all, for you, but I’m not sure what you expect at this point.

Do you expect Tesla to keep wasting their time entertaining your unreasonableness? Do you think that’s their obligation?

What do you actually want done?

They did not seem confident at all that it could be fixed. What I would want is for them to be able to determine in advance if it could be fixed. Have someone knowledgeable at the delivery center. I guess I should have just purchased it, taken it do service center and then returned it within the 7 days (if it still found it too much of an eyesore)

Even less confident when on one occasion they said point blank something was screwed in place and could not be fixed.

If I got to this point with a buyer, the shameless troll in me would source the worst example I could find and put it in front of them for a final “take it or leave it”.
Listen genius, they knew exactly what I would accept in advance. So there was no secret of what I would accept in advance. I even said 50% larger gap on one side would be fine, but not 3 times the gap on one side. So they could just take a quick look not that complicated. And it is bad luck that I got 4 in a row like that, when it seemed about half the cars there I would take.

So stop writing baseless nonsense about being a troll.

• Disagree
Reactions: tomas
when it seemed about half the cars there I would take.

Perhaps the key to ending your suffering is to browse the lot of inventory or used cars and find one with panel gaps that meet your requirements.

Sorry the car was not up to your standards.

Somebody else is going to love it.

Instead of wasting time on this thread right now they are enjoying an awesome car.

Every business knows that you send your worst customers to your competition.

+1. some customers are more trouble than they are worth. If you are one of those, please buy something else.

Reactions: Kenz
Well, you’ve got balls starting a thread like that on here!

Shame though, letting something you’d ignore after a few days prevent you from driving a Tesla

None of them are perfect, but you’ll never find me owning another make of car

Good luck in your quest - and please make sure you give any contractors you get to work on your house fair warning that they may never get paid.....

Cheers!

I hope all 4 M3 went to new owners!!! Especially if they were all white!!! There are many people waiting for these white M3 with taillight panel gaps that the only person looking for gaps will see and the rest will be amazed looking at a M3 cause it sure turns my head every-time I see one.