Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rejected delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed my VIN didn't show up in Source code until after i submitted Insurance and Payment options (which i also did after already receiving a text for tentative delivery date). Then i was directed to a new page for 'Next Steps' and 'Completed Tasks'. And hopefully your VIN will be there in Source Code.
I've done all those about a week ago, and still nothing yet. Got my tentative delivery date text about 4 days ago, so maybe it's coming soon, my process has been painfully slow, a friend who ordered nearly the same car on the 25th already has a tentative date of June 10th, despite ordering 3 weeks after me. Sigh, gotta love the Tesla life, haha.

I believe they have a parking lot around Granville Island somewhere.
The truck I drove behind yesterday along 6th ave by Emily Carr stopped at the old Donnelly office building where there were about 15 model 3’s already parked, I guess they drive the cars over to 4th ave store from there.. but either way they told me that delivery is at the 4th ave location underground.

the delivery manager wanted to show me my car, but it actually wasn't there. To speed things up, he wanted me to start the paper work before my car was even there. I declined, but I must have been asked to do paper work at least three times. I didn't feel pressure to sign, but it was clear he preferred to do all the paper work upfront before even looking at the car.

Yikes! It seems to be the way Tesla does business, I saw several Red M3's in the Powell Street lot when I arrived to pick up my car,. but none of them had Aero Wheels which I had ordered. I sort of put that thought in the back of my mind, After I signed the paper work, I noticed my car had arrived at the lot. Luckily I had no inconsistent gaps, which I had noticed on other M3/s. Fit and Finish of these cars has to be the #1 issue Tesla has to work at.

I took delivery of a 3LRD White w/ Black interior on April 19th; also at the Vancouver Powell location. In some respects, I wonder if I shouldn't have rejected the delivery. In my excitement (I was taking delivery of a Tesla!!), I should have looked more closely at the vehicle. Over that weekend, I found a few issues and sent a note to my delivery prime (E.Kwong). The next few weeks was a wrestling match just to get attention. After a month when I finally was able to arrange for mobile service to take a look, 1) they arrived not having been given the issues list so were not prepared, and 2) they eluded to the possibility that Tesla wouldn't fix them because I didn't identify them up front (I did but my delivery prime didn't pass along).

They fixed the misalignment issue with the rear doors (passengers couldn't get out; after pressing the door release button, the doors would unlatch the 'first stage' but didn't pop out enough to get past the '2nd stage'. If they pressed the button again and pushed right after, the door opened... but not obvious nor acceptable). They also fixed the front-right USB port issue. They also looked at some of the s/w issues and advised these were known and would eventually be fixed w/ update.

They did not fix the mounting issue with the rear proximity sensors. This issue they pushed back on but I persisted. Had mobile service out again yesterday (same guy they had out last time looked at it again this time and indicated they needed to research the fix... it might not be a mobile service doable fix). Waiting for next steps.

While the tech was here yesterday, I pointed out that over the weekend while washing the car I noticed that the black rocker panels on both sides was coming loose. He popped them both back in... question is, will they stay...?

There was a comment in this thread that white seemed to be particularity bad with these issues. I believe white is not any better or worse that other colors, but because of shadow contrast, one notices these issues more with white. i.e. the issues exist with the darker colors, you just are not noticing them as much without closer inspection as the shadow contrast doesn't make them obvious. The Frunk really highlights this. Depending on the viewing angle, the Frunk may or may not look like it is misaligned on it's leading edge. When you look up close and even feel along the leading edge, it does not appear misaligned. To some degree, it is an optical illusion created by the shadow line of the panel edges.

As a general statement, so far I am disappointed in Tesla. Yes, I like the M3 and it really was the only option in the market. But quality is like just another American made vehicle (I have owned every American brand and after buying Toyota swore I would never own an American brand again.... I had hoped Tesla was different). As other electric options become available in the next year or two, Tesla will need to shape up if they are to stay in the race.

The truck I drove behind yesterday along 6th ave by Emily Carr stopped at the old Donnelly office building where there were about 15 model 3’s already parked, I guess they drive the cars over to 4th ave store from there.. but either way they told me that delivery is at the 4th ave location underground.
I tried googling old Donnelly office building.... But can't find the exact location. Is the lot right on West 6th? What's the cross road?

In some areas, usually congested cities, where Tesla are very popular, the service centers can get pretty booked up. In other areas the service centers (and Superchargers) are much easier to fit you in.

Since Tesla are eligible for free single access to the HOV lanes in most cities, that is where they tend to have more volume. In those congested areas the free, single person, access to Car Pool lanes and the use of Autopilot during long commutes make the cars very desirable.

Someone who takes their car in for a issue, and has it fixed while they wait is usually not going to post about their experience, but someone that waits for over a week to get their car back, and perhaps gets a gasser loaner, is going to be hot under the collar.

Tesla is delivering twice the volume of cars as a year ago. It will take a while for service and Superchargers to catch up.

Elon has mentioned that Tesla does not have enough money to pre-build infrastructure, with all the employees sitting around with little to do, in anticipation of future volumes. Trying to build just in time facilities, but some areas are simply overwhelmed.

In California the gas prices have jumped to over $4/gallon. This brings lots of customers into the showrooms.

As far as body panel fittment, it is not something that effects the drivability or usability of the vehicle. It will operate just fine with a panel gap. Personal pride comes into the picture, as people buying a new car have come to expect good panel fits. In the 70's panel fits were horrible compared to todays precision built cars. Nobody cared then, but now the standards are much higher.

True, drive-ability is not the issue. However, when you pay 'that' much for a vehicle, you expect a certain level of quality. American made... you won't see this at Toyota or BMW. And if there is an 'body' or like issue, Toyota and BMW, etc, bend over backwards to make you happy.

There are other issues, in hind site I should have looked at more closely.
When I hand wash my car, I always wash along the underside of the inside Door panels and along the inside door panel sides.
Has anyone looked at the badly crimped job the Robots made when they pressed the outside door panel against the inner panel?
You could literally cut your fingers in several places when you run them along the corner of a door panel both top or btm.

First, my original vin car was not the car that arrived, they had already replaced it with a different car, apparently my first car had a "service hold", so this is a second car. So this car, the delivery guy said take it or reject it. I called my sales guy, he agreed that it was a noticeable defect, sent the pictures to his manager (off site), but again, no luck in switching out the mirror (super easy/cheap fix). I can describe the problem as an air bubble in the optical adhesive layer, making a weird crack look behind the glass edge. Something that I will see each and everytime I check the mirror. I'm just shocked that they rather I reject the car than to replace a mirror, they could have switched it with another car, maybe the next guy won't care or notice. Also, my appointment was at 5pm, my car arrived at 8. Unless you have an early appointment, you are not getting your car as scheduled. This has left a really bad taste in my mouth. Not good. I'm now going to wait for a third car, third time's the charm?

That’s crazy, you placed an order for the future?

There’s a check list somewhere. But basically it’s just checking every panel and gap for defect.
Hi All, I ordered my car the end of June and don't have a delivery date yet, but I am wondering if anyone has seen a list or summary of common defects to look for. Already from reading this thread I think I'll make some notes and go over the car with a fine tooth comb!

• Funny
Reactions: Dyhm