Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Removing “Dual Motor” Badge?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Or you could rearrange it to spell something else. I did. Lots of cool options. Below from scrabble word finder. I liked MAD TORO. But settled on something else I can’t post.=

Amusing, I'm just very anti-badges.

Manufacturer logo badge can stay, but anything else comes off as soon as I buy any car. Symmetry is beauty, and badges are destroyers of symmetry.

Anyone want to weight in one of these replacing the dual motor badge on the right rear of the Raven X? My X is satin black and a raven logo in a dark gray or even acid green might look okay.

Attachments

• D2B752BF-4D71-4F95-8989-763BB00220AB.jpeg
    D2B752BF-4D71-4F95-8989-763BB00220AB.jpeg
    27.7 KB · Views: 112
  • A16E76DE-C985-4FB8-B825-2587094F439A.jpeg
    A16E76DE-C985-4FB8-B825-2587094F439A.jpeg
    37.7 KB · Views: 67
My blue performance Model 3 was just delivered to my house last week. I saved about $7,000 by ordering a stealth version. I don’t mind the DUAL MOTOR badge, but it either gives away that “I will definitely win this race when the light goes green”, or it makes it look like I just put the performance badge on there to pretend (like BMW “M” and Audi “R” badges and panels for aesthetics without the actual performance upgrades). Might as well be stealthy. It’s so fun to floor it (and win, of course!). I’m going to remove the badge.

My blue performance Model 3 was just delivered to my house last week. I saved about $7,000 by ordering a stealth version. I don’t mind the DUAL MOTOR badge, but it either gives away that “I will definitely win this race when the light goes green”, or it makes it look like I just put the performance badge on there to pretend (like BMW “M” and Audi “R” badges and panels for aesthetics without the actual performance upgrades). Might as well be stealthy. It’s so fun to floor it (and win, of course!). I’m going to remove the badge.

You're thinking to much about what others think. About the only folks that will know what it means will be other Model 3 Performance owners.

Reactions: SanCarlosJeff
I think that the red underlined dual motor badge is intended to evoke the idea that there’s something special - performance-wise - about the car, whether you understand what it literally means or not. Just like Audi’s R, BMW’s M, Ford’s SVT, Dodge’s SRT, etc. Car people get that.

Reactions: TyH2009
Car people do and that's all that matters.

If certain cars pull up, and see that, they most likely won't mess with you. Just like if I see a Hellcat badge, ZR1, etc.

Do you really think the Hellcat's and ZR1 know what the subtle red underline means?

Tesla Model 3 people know, and that's about it. Well, maybe some 12 years old know.

And do you really need a badge to know when a Hellcat pulls up? The Snorting and Fumes are a dead give away.

Do you really think the Hellcat's and ZR1 know what the subtle red underline means?

Tesla Model 3 people know, and that's about it. Well, maybe some 12 years old know.

And do you really need a badge to know when a Hellcat pulls up? The Snorting and Fumes are a dead give away.
My group of car friends do.

Snorting? Fumes? Not sure if you're serious. If I see no badge I laugh and think "V6" If I see an R/T badge I don't care, if I see 392/SRT, I'm gaining interest, if I see the little Hellcat badge I stay away.

My group of car friends do.

Snorting? Fumes? Not sure if you're serious. If I see no badge I laugh and think "V6" If I see an R/T badge I don't care, if I see 392/SRT, I'm gaining interest, if I see the little Hellcat badge I stay away.

So you went from gaining interest to stay away. So where does that leave you?
And you're saying Mopar's never debadge?

• Helpful
Reactions: daytonadweller
sigh,

I gain interest because they are cool and fast, I stay away because they're fast and I stand no chance.

Eh- your sig says you have an LR AWD right?

Unless he launches like a professional driver you absolutely stand at least some chance vs a Hellcat.

here's Car and Drivers test #s from a Hellcat (with a pro driver obviously)
Acceleration-
Zero to 60 mph: 3.7 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 11.8 sec @ 125 mph

Passing-
Top gear, 30–50 mph: 2.4 sec
Top gear, 50–70 mph: 2.5 sec

apples-to-apples 0-60 on the AWD LR Model 3 is 3.9 seconds, and requires no effort to launch that way...(a few guys have knocked out high 3.8s)... so any glitch at all in his launch and you'd take him.

Passing is even worse for a lay-person driving the hellcat.... the AWD LR does 30-50 in 1.36 seconds...WAY quicker than the C&D Hellcat test... and your car does 50-70 (and this number is pre second 5% bump, all others are post) in 1.82- so quicker now.

Now, 1/4 he'd have to spin pretty bad to lose, you're .4-.5 seconds slower there around 12.2x-12.3x... but all the rest you're in a lot better shape than you seem to think.

And obviously a P would just smack the hell out of him in everything except trap speed

Considering removing my dual motor badge on my model 3 that is about 4 months old. My only concern is a noticeable 'shadow' where the badge used to be. Either from residue left behind or a slight difference in paint.

Can anyone confirm that this will likely NOT be the case? Obviously no guarantees... Ymmv as always. Thanks!