TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Removing Model S center console to "downgrade" to Yacht floor?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by valkeriefire, Jul 17, 2018.

1. valkeriefire

valkeriefire Member

Hi there... I've already done a search but I can't seem to find a conclusive answer.

Has any successfully downgraded their Center Console S to the older style yacht floor?

I've got a 2016 Facelift S with the center console. After driving a loaner with the Yacht floor my wife and I have decided it fits our usage scenario much better than the center console. I've found directions to remove the center console, but what isn't clear is if there is a Yacht floor underneath, or if you'd need to buy those components, or if an actual downgrade is really feasible/doable.

Here is the research I've found.

Has anyone figured out how to remove the Premium Center Console?

Has anyone figured out how to remove the Premium Center Console?

Drop-In Center Console now in the Tesla Model S online store

Remove center console?

• Helpful x 1
  2. BigCity

BigCity Member

Might be interested in this as well, I like the center console but for me personally I don't have a "need" for it really and liked the open feel of the yacht floor of my previous P85D. Was always an ahh moment when people got in and were like oh it's so open.

3. sidmini

sidmini Banned

No you will need to purchase the yacht floor from tesla service center. I'm sure you could sell the centre console too. My car came with the yacht floor and tesla swapped it out for the centre console so definitely doable.

• Informative x 1
  4. TM Parts

TM Parts Member

You would have to swap it out with the older style center console. They're cheaper than the one you have. You can buy a used one and sell yours and even make some money.

5. IchDochNicht

IchDochNicht Member

eBay may be a good place to start.

6. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

I would love to do this. The center console in my mind is a downgrade from the excellent yacht floor.

Problem is there are no figured ash yacht floors. Although there might be an obeche yf around somewhere. Hmmmm.

7. sidmini

sidmini Banned

Maybe get a vinyl wrap graphic printed for it to give the same effect?

8. igorvinck

igorvinck Member

If needed I have an obeche mat yachtfloor for sale.

9. BigCity

BigCity Member

Awesome, ahh Belgium dang..

10. igorvinck

igorvinck Member

11. igorvinck

igorvinck Member

I can send it, if you want....

12. jeffdom1978

jeffdom1978 Member

What exactly is a Yacht floor? Google image search reveals nothing more than a center console that is shallower and slightly different design. Is that what a yacht floor is? Doesnt appear any more open to me, just looks like one big storage bin.

13. nexusone

nexusone Member

I want this too.