TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Removing side blinkers

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by olanmills, May 31, 2013.

1. olanmills

olanmills Member

I want to see if I can replace the side blinkers with LEDs in a way that will illuminate the whole piece evenly.

I had a film wrap installed earlier this year and the installers were able to pop off the side blinkers in order to apply the wrap neatly behind them. They told me that they just pop off, but to be careful as you can break them .

Has anyone done this and does any one have pictures? I tried, and I was able to pry the bottom edge loose, but it still seems to be firmly locked in along the top edge and I'm afraid to force it too hard. I think that seeing some pictures, or at least reading a description of exactly how the plastic housing is constructed and how it is fixed to the body will help me figure out the right motions to use in order to remove the blinker housing.

2. olanmills

olanmills Member

3. SFPD

SFPD Member

Sorry to have to dig up this old thread. Has anyone figured out the right way to remove the side marker housing without damaging anything or breaking any clips?

4. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

#4 meloccom, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2014