Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Renault Zoe ZE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So ... those of you who feel that the American members of this forum are all negative ... we're not! I like this car and would consider something like this in my garage. Consider that the only people who usually reply to a thread are those who feel they have something to add or have a question. I assume there are others like me who had nothing to add, so just read the posts, admired this car for its intended purpose, and moved on.

So +1 for me.

I've been reading and then a member here ~5 years. People wanted an EV for the masses, then someone builds it and we get people taking potshots. Not invented here syndrome?
In US you will always get vocal criticism to battery leasing. When Nissan was planning to lease the battery, again there were people coming up with comments like you see here. It is partly due to the "ownership" ideas and partly due to EV1 history. You will also see a lot of people who don't understand leasing itself and think it is always bad to lease.

Ofcourse there are also people like me who like battery leasing (my blog post from nov-2009 below).

Leasing the battery E V Now

Maybe people should start a thread about "leasing a battery, or owning a battery"
Because at the end, this has really nothing to do with the ZOE being a good EV or not! It's just a way of marketing the car!

In belgium, leasing or renting the battery would be supper for businesses and their employees!
Employees who use a company-car get taxed monthly a certain percentage of the value of the car! But with the battery not included in the price, the price-tag of the car drops significantly, and with this the monthly fee that is withhold on the employees salary!

As I said it looks as if it's a step in the right direction, I'm just not sure how far.

Agree with JRP3 here. I think most of us (also in the US) like the Zoe, but we see it more as an incremental improvement over the Leaf, and so disagree with the statement that if Zoe fails, that this would have "global implications". Except for the battery lease which is sales/marketing question, there is less negativity about the Zoe than recently from european posters about the S.

The global success of EVs does not depend on the success of the low-cost 100-miles-is-enough concept. (Which is not Tesla's concept.)

Here we are in the Zen version.

AnkKOK6CAAAmgFA.jpg:large

Replacement Avatar for you in the Roadster?

The global success of EVs does not depend on the success of the low-cost 100-miles-is-enough concept. (Which is not Tesla's concept.)
Actually global success depends on getting people to realize that 100 miles is more than enough if you have multiple cars (or don't use a car to go long distance, which is the EU case). Tesla's prices are not ok for most of the world's drivers.

So ... those of you who feel that the American members of this forum are all negative ... we're not! I like this car and would consider something like this in my garage. Consider that the only people who usually reply to a thread are those who feel they have something to add or have a question. I assume there are others like me who had nothing to add, so just read the posts, admired this car for its intended purpose, and moved on.

So +1 for me.

+1 for me also. Like Doug, I hope we get a Nissan version.

I also hope our version can charge at 80A single phase, and DC fast charge with whatever will become the winning standard.

GSP

Actually global success depends on getting people to realize that 100 miles is more than enough if you have multiple cars (or don't use a car to go long distance, which is the EU case).

No, that may be your opinion, however is only one of the concepts of introducing EVs, and only works with multiple cars. One other concept is to start with a longer range and bring the prices down with mass-manufacturing and as battery technology progresses to reduce prices for the batteries. Neither concept depends on the success of the other.

Tesla's prices are not ok for most of the world's drivers.

Depending on multiple cars for long trips also isn't ok for many, and not only not-ok for those who have only one car. Most of the people I know tell me range needs to be larger for them to even consider an EV. Tesla will make future cars more and more affordable, along with battery prices coming down.

In any case, EVs for the mainstream will not happen on one day.