Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Renault Zoe ZE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
confirmed by [...] sales person.
That's a contradiction in itself :smile:
As a confirmation of any vehicle feature I need something in hardcopy. They still can add footmarks to the items that are "subject to change without notice" but the rest must hold up. Especially if I go and invest serious money in electrical infrastructure at home, at work, etc.

Wow. They say that the on board Chameleon charger was used to do "fast charging". I think they used 44kW AC (400V 64A 3 phase) which can be found all over 3 phase-land Europe. The range anxiety/charge time problem is demonstrated to no longer exist. Who will do more than 1600km (1000 miles) a day on a regular base?
OK, it's not that enticing to drive 100 miles in 2 hours, charge for half an hour, repeat all day... But it's a start.

Wow. They say that the on board Chameleon charger was used to do "fast charging". I think they used 44kW AC (400V 64A 3 phase) which can be found all over 3 phase-land Europe. The range anxiety/charge time problem is demonstrated to no longer exist. Who will do more than 1600km (1000 miles) a day on a regular base?
OK, it's not that enticing to drive 100 miles in 2 hours, charge for half an hour, repeat all day... But it's a start.

It is a good start, isn't it? It is great to see an affordable EV with 44 kW charging being offered for sale.

With the 85 kWh Model S and 90 kW superchargers you could drive 210 miles in 3 hours, charge for 45 min, and repeat all day. It is an exciting time for EVs.

GSP

ZOE, the vfx edition.

Aw0AB6MCIAA7ig4.jpg:large

Yep, that's one dead driver. Passenger might have survived.

Safety
- ABS with EBD (Electronic Brake Distribution) and emergency brake assist
- Airbags : driver and front passenger
- Cruise control and Speed limiter
- ESC (Electronic Stability Control) with ASR (traction Control) and CSV (Understeer Control)
- Front side body and head airbag for driver and passenger
- Height adjustable 3-point front seatbelts with pretensioners
- Hill start assist
- ISOFIX fittings on outer rear seats and front passenger seat
- Z.E. Voice (slow speed pedestrian warning)

There is an interview with Reanault in the German newspaper Auto Bild following this crash test. It was crash test number 70. There will be 90 crash tests before the Zoe gets on the market. The main focus was on the battery at this test. They did not look closely on the dummies. The Renault people are very happy with the test.

Is there more detail / information on how/why they choose the winner vs. the commended in, for example, the NG category?
Low emission green cars, News, Reviews &#124 Next Green Car

WINNER: BMW i3 – CO2: 0 g/km – GCR: TBC
The first of two models to be launched under the new sub-brand 'BMW i', the i3 will be BMW's first series produced all-electric vehicle. Both i models incorporate cutting edge innovation – power-trains are housed in aluminium chassis and the passenger cells consist of high-strength but extremely lightweight carbon fibre reinforced plastic. The i3 will use a 22kWh lithium-ion battery, providing a 80-100 mile range. The car also is highly connected with a mobile app that supplies information on parking availability, public transport and local entertainment. From £TBC; Due in UK in 2013.

NGC verdict: "When it is launched in 2013, the ‘Born Electric’ i3 will turn minds as well as heads. Incorporating BMW’s eDrive technology, the i3 is beautiful inside and out. In every sense a connected device; possibly the ultimate ‘ultimate driving machine’."

Tesla Model S COMMENDED: Tesla Model S – CO2: 0 g/km – GCR: TBC
Building on the highly successful upmarket electric sports Roadster, Tesla is taking its next step to the mass market with its all electric Model S, an executive ‘sedan’. More attractively priced that the Roadster, the Model S will be offered with at least three battery pack options, the 42 kWh battery base model having a range of 160 miles, and capable of 0 to 60 mph in 6.5 seconds. In line with other brands integrating new engine and digital technologies, the Model S will feature a 17 in touch screen computer with in-car 3G connectivity, enabling access to online services, or to check the battery's state of charge remotely. From £36,200+TBC; Due in UK in 2013.