Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Renault Zoe ZE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From what I read in some french forums, the Zoe is selling very well on the show.
I ordered mine over there on the 3rd, they told me they were happy they sold around 60 (in 3 days). I guess we'll have better sale figures when it'll be available to buy anywhere (at the moment, it's only on the show).
deliveries in France around february, in Switzerland in march...
In France, 1st deliveries are on the 25th of february, mine will be on the 27th...
Me neither. It's just that that 200km range doesn't cut if for me to drive to Amsterdam or my family (both 200km single-trip), otherwise it would have been a very cool car.
I "fixed" the range issue. The ZoE is for driving around town, go to ski, work, eveything within a 60km radius. I sold my diesel subaru legacy and bought a very old (13y old) gasoline one (subaru outback) in perfect condition with low miles - as it's a huge gasoline engine (2.5L is huge for european standards) I bought it for nothing, even though I have a little maintenance to do on it. I'll probably do less than 5000km a year on it...

I'll use the ZoE for everything and get the old car for long distance trips, when there's a lot of snow (4wd) or when I need to carry something (heavy stuff, trailer).

I'm paying both cars with the money I got selling my diesel legacy, and the 80 EUR/month battery lease is nothing compared to filling a fuel tank here... (80 EUR gets you a full tank of diesel, 100 EUR a full tank of gasoline and you won't go further than 600-700km with them if you drive carefully).

Last edited:
Here's a video that Renault posted on their twitter this morning. It's about the tyres used on the Zoe, but features some footage of it driving around, the interior and the charge door. Thought you might like to see:

Also, I have no idea what the 60s timer is for when they plug in the car, it shows a battery filling up over 1 minute... I guess it's just a generic overlay that the person editing the video thought would fit in well?! But it's somewhat misleading (although so short that obviously not many people will believe the car charged from 0-100% in 1minute). The video has some rather odd editing in general, the beginning mainly. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a video that Renault posted on their twitter this morning. It's about the tyres used on the Zoe, but features some footage of it driving around, the interior and the charge door. Thought you might like to see:

Also, I have no idea what the 60s timer is for when they plug in the car, it shows a battery filling up over 1 minute... I guess it's just a generic overlay that the person editing the video thought would fit in well?! But it's somewhat misleading (although so short that obviously not many people will believe the car charged from 0-100% in 1minute). The video has some rather odd editing in general, the beginning mainly. :D

What a cheesy video, very amateuristic. And yeah that battery thing is ridiculous...

Last edited by a moderator:
(Notice the Type-3 connector at that charging post.)
That timer flew by so fast, I think it was intended to show that it would get a full charge in one hour rather than one minute.

(Notice the Type-3 connector at that charging post.)
That timer flew by so fast, I think it was intended to show that it would get a full charge in one hour rather than one minute.

Ah, I guess... Still makes remarkably little sense to include it on the side there with no explanation in a video about the tyres?! Ah well. Quirkiness to go with the car I guess? :rolleyes:

The Zoe has the battery in the floor (good diea) but if I recall it is also exchangable (a la BetterPlace). Clearly it is a different system to the Fluence. Has anyone seen or heard more of Zoe battery switching ?

I have not heard anything (not even rumors) about battery switching for Zoe. That said and considering that the battery is leased, my guess is that the battery on the Zoe is easily swappable.

I would define "easily swappable" as less than 1 hour of work in a shop. Might still require to bleed air from the coolant system, and other manual steps. A completely automated swap procedure that runs in less than 1 minute is another cat.

Yes that's what I meant, and Renault did put quick charging capabilities in the Zoe, that's probably a clear sign that they are getting away from the battery swapping busyness.

BBC News - Electric Zoe steals the show

What a stupid statement from the RAC Foundation guy :

But even before this year's race (sorry, event) began, there was controversy, with the organisers declaring that pure electric vehicles are not yet a practical solution for the future of motoring.

"Above all, it's a matter of cost," declared the director of the RAC Foundation, Stephen Glaister.

"Electric cars with a good range are very expensive, and people are unsure about the technology," he said.

Indeed, when Nissan launched its Leaf electric car last year, it went on sale for £26,000, even after the £5,000 government grant was taken into account.

Until the technology, and the price, of electric cars improves, the RAC is advocating more use of hybrid cars, which are part electric and part conventional.