Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Renault Zoe ZE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow. Ditching the Nissan in-house battery for the same supplier as my Ampera. I wonder if the LEAF overheat issues had an influence on that?

Le Figaro - Flash Eco : Renault Flins : LG produira les batteries

"Nissan batteries are not "so much so that Renault thought," said a person familiar with the matter, quoted today by the newspaper, which speaks of a "missed big politico-industrial". "

The reason for denying their own batteries must be important.

Is the ZOE currently using AESC batteries?

No, Twizy and Zoe uses now LG.

Fabrica-Renault-Twizy-650-05.jpg

Visitando la fábrica del Renault Twizy (en Valladolid)

Wow. Ditching the Nissan in-house battery for the same supplier as my Ampera. I wonder if the LEAF overheat issues had an influence on that?
I remember hearing Carlos Ghosn commenting that the reason they went to produce their own battery is that at the time there were no serious automotive battery production capacity online. Plus, they wanted to make sure no supplier captures an extraordinarily high margin from a specific essential part of the EV.

Today there are more battery manufacturers, and if the price is right, there is no reason to prefer the in house battery. The in house battery technology is there mostly to make sure you have a fall back position in case the supplier tries to rip you off, or is incapable of producing the goods.

Last edited:
I talked to the Renault dealer in Aalsmeer yesterday, and she told me that test drive (real ones, not just on circuit) will happen only in December. It was first promised to them by Renault HQ in september, then october and now it is December. Apparently Renault is having issues with the infotainment system of the Zoe that need to be fixed and tested first.

EV_de did you get your free pair of shoes ?

I talked to the Renault dealer in Aalsmeer yesterday, and she told me that test drive (real ones, not just on circuit) will happen only in December. It was first promised to them by Renault HQ in september, then october and now it is December. Apparently Renault is having issues with the infotainment system of the Zoe that need to be fixed and tested first.

EV_de did you get your free pair of shoes ?

No , I didn't took that "offer" ... Yesturday I ordered my ZOE #47

delivery Date "end of the year"

Interesting ! I'm #30 in NL but I haven't been offered to order yet.
Did you test drive the car ? or you are taking a leap of faith ?
How did the order process happen ?

I asked them every week ... he gave me a call last week, that he can see the ZOE on his order list inside the "Renault Management Software",
so I drove to the Shop and sign the paper ...

The Faith ...
1. - I saw it / sat inside on the Genf Tesla Tour. - fantastic City Car
2. Renault can build car's
3. driven the Kangoo ZE
4. driven the Twizzy ZE