Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repair estimate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a little argument with a dumpster while parking.
Anyone have a clue what this is going to cost?
Apart from 3 panels, the headlight is loose.
I'm in NYC.
Also, I think part shortages are still a massive problem no?

Thanks!

IMG_0180.JPG

2500-10k, quite a range!
I totaled my last car 2.5 years ago, so I'm hoping to not go through insurance if it's below 3 or 4k (roast my driving, deserved 😅).

I don't think the sensor went off, if it did it was right before or while making contact with the dumpster.

Upvote 0
If the fender wasn't damaged I would say just buy a bumper off ebay for less than $1000. A really good piantless dent repair guy might be able to get the fender looking decent for a couple hundred. If you could live with that then you could DIY replace the bumper with the ebay bumper and maybe get away with $1200 or so.

Reactions: TesraY
Upvote 0
If the fender wasn't damaged I would say just buy a bumper off ebay for less than $1000. A really good piantless dent repair guy might be able to get the fender looking decent for a couple hundred. If you could live with that then you could DIY replace the bumper with the ebay bumper and maybe get away with $1200 or so.
Thanks for your insight.
Is the bumper easy to put on?

Upvote 0
Thanks for your insight.
Is the bumper easy to put on?
It’s just clips and a few screws. Wrap shops take them off all the time. It’s best to go through insurance for hidden damage too.
I think you overall fox would be like $26k low end, paint is a 3 step process, parts, labor, and any mechanical work needed. You can’t tell by estimating on picture, you need to open that baby up. Good luck

Upvote 0
It’s just clips and a few screws. Wrap shops take them off all the time. It’s best to go through insurance for hidden damage too.
I think you overall fox would be like $26k low end, paint is a 3 step process, parts, labor, and any mechanical work needed. You can’t tell by estimating on picture, you need to open that baby up. Good luck
Yes, if feasible, it should always be done right. They weren't asking for right though, they were asking for decent and cheap.

Upvote 0