Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

REPAIR NIGHTMARE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These stories pile up. I had to wait 11 months to get a quarter panel and rear bumper replaced. Half of the time they were waiting for Tesla to send parts. I read so many stories of people having to wait months to get their Tesla repaired. They really need to get that sorted out. 4 years into the production of the Model S parts should be available instantly.

Reactions: davidc18
Depends. I had a rental car on my insurance policy, but it was limited to 30 days. Not sure I could have bought a longer period.
That's exactly what I have and I think that's the most of insurance policy covers. So does that mean you needed to pay for the rental when the repair time was over 30 days? Or Tesla covered it? This will significantly increase the cost of repair by thousands of dollars.

Not sure how many of you have experienced a repair yet. My wife drove through the garage with a wing door open, and completely smashed the door.

Like any other $100k car, you would expect to be able to bring it to a high end body shop or one of your preference.

Not with Tesla.

Here in my area, there are only TWO certified auto-body shops, and one of them, the owner is old, slow, and doesn't seem competent.

That's not the worse part, the worse part, is that the body shop says it takes about 9 weeks to receive parts from Tesla. Therefore, to replace just a single wing door, it's a 4-6 month process.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this terrible news. It's unacceptable in my mind.
Sorry but it makes sense to me, that is the most proprietary door in the auto industry, that it can even be repaired anywhere other than the factory is a miracle in itself. Hopefully someday when the X is more common these issues will no longer be present. I had a small scratch on the back of ours and tried to take it to the best body shop in town and they wouldn't touch it because it wasn't in their system. I was surprised they turned down a simple job just because of that fact.

Also, as far as service center experience goes, I'm starting to think these extreme service delays are truly a west coast issue due to over abundance of vehicles, since we just had another amazing experience with service for our X. We got another nail in our tire which resulted in a complete flat, and within only 24 hrs they picked up the car (we are 40 min from closest SC), dropped off a loaner S, replaced tire, fixed squeaks on both falcon wing doors, fixed front motor/suspension "shudder" issue under hard acceleration, replaced charge port door since it wasn't closing all the way, and had the car detailed/ washed and back in our driveway.

• Informative
Reactions: hiroshiy
I had a Bentley coupe several years ago and it required a driver side door replacement, after being T boned, when parked. Four doors later (3 from Crewe) and 3 months as well, repair in place and out of the blue, to yo say, I received a $5,000 check from Bentley, with usual disclaimers...

Jus' Sayin".

Thank you very much

Fury

• Informative
Reactions: Mjølner
I have a MS90D. I got into two accidents last year!! Each repair took about 3 months to fix. I'm afraid no insurance in Canada will take Tesla as the repair and rental cost is so high. It's not an issue of too few bodyshops. It's the PARTS DELAY! I waited almost 3 weeks for a seat belt, which was the last part the bodyshop needed to complete the repair!! I don't understand why the parts are sooooo delayed.. feel like you need two Tesla in order to keep up with the repair. I'm thinking of printing a sticker on my window "#teslarepairnightmare"!!!

Reactions: mattack4000