Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repair suggestions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

So it finally happened... Wife drove the MS today for girls night out and she hit a pole outside of our driveway... To make it worse, she carried on driving the car and came back just now and realized she couldn't back up the car into the garage cause the front wheel is now stuck...
Now I'm in the car calling roadside to get it towed to a repair shop near me. What do you guys think in terms of the damage? Worth paying the deductible and premium increase and go through insurance?

Attachments

• mmexport1517037441656.jpg
    mmexport1517037441656.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 86
  • mmexport1517037440219.jpg
    mmexport1517037440219.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 70
  • mmexport1517037435179.jpg
    mmexport1517037435179.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 73
  • mmexport1517037433523.jpg
    mmexport1517037433523.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 81
Hard to say, I'm certainly not an insurance adjuster...but I had a similar incident right after purchasing my 85D last fall - on the road trip home with it from Phoenix, about 1am, a coyote ran out of the median and hit the front quarter (3rd day I had the car). Aside from what looked like a few broken clips, you couldn't hardly tell there was any damage, at first. Once I got the estimate though, it turned out there were several broken brackets for the sensors, radar, headlights etc. that you couldn't see, and basically the whole front end needed replacing, including the headlights ($1100 each). Total bill ended up being over $9k, so insurance was definitely worth it.

• Informative
Reactions: mblakele
It looks like you'll just need a new bumper and a new liner inside. I recently got a quote from a Tesla approved shop for a new front bumper and total came to $1,400. I doubt the liner can be that expensive. As for going through insurance, thats up to you. I wouldn't think that one small pole accident wouldn't cause your premium to increase especially if she has a good driving record.

Update: so I got an estimate from a shop for $3400. Now I'm debating whether to go through insurance or paying out of pocket. I do plan on selling the car in the next months (when my M3 is delivered), and going through insurance will obviously leave a mark on the carfax, also the highly-possible premium increase. Decisions decision decisions...

Update: so I got an estimate from a shop for $3400. Now I'm debating whether to go through insurance or paying out of pocket. I do plan on selling the car in the next months (when my M3 is delivered), and going through insurance will obviously leave a mark on the carfax, also the highly-possible premium increase. Decisions decision decisions...

Hard to say which is the best option. I think I would simply pay out.. I mean have the wife "pay" - whatever that means to you! :)

It looks like you'll just need a new bumper and a new liner inside. I recently got a quote from a Tesla approved shop for a new front bumper and total came to $1,400. I doubt the liner can be that expensive. As for going through insurance, thats up to you. I wouldn't think that one small pole accident wouldn't cause your premium to increase especially if she has a good driving record.
Which shop did you get the new front bumper at? I'm getting quotes for $2500 for just the new front bumper