Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repairing a Flooded Tesla Model S : HOW-TO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great, now there is a brined Model S-sized hole in my life.

Really enjoyed your great sense of humor and how you used it to disarm hecklers - your technique should be taught in middle schools around the world.

I hope we can all follow your next project, whether Tesla-related or not. (If not just point us to the right outside forum.)

IK0YrZG.jpg

I had you guys going for a minute, didn't I?

Man I haven't trolled an online forum in quite some time! I'm surprised you guys didn't notice the Tesla I posted earlier had black seats installed (mine had tan seats). That Tesla that was back halfed was repaired successfully and is back on the road, like nothing even happened.

You know when a 4 year old kid isnt getting enough attention and they do something ridiculous to get everyone focusing on them again?

Well I'm a 4 year old!!!

ACT II

This is ACT II of this never ending SAGA. First car is almost fully stripped and after countless hours of searching and searching, I finally found a donor car with similar specs (air suspension, pano roof etc, only its a P85!!)

ACT II will bring even more pain than the previous chapter. Maybe if I'm lucky I can find the previous owner of the donor car as well to let him know his car is going to be destroyed by a shade tree "mechanic"

ACT II Will also bring lots of questions... because... well, quite frankly, the donor car isn't hurt that bad, as a matter of fact I do not believe it should have been totalled at all, so once I remove the broken bits, there is going to be a BIG question.... do I repair the donor car with the flooded car parts? Or do I swap literally everything over from the donor car (countless labor hours) to the flood car?

Pics of the donor car to come shortly, lets finish up stripping the interior of the first car, shall we?

Reactions: markwj and tliving
I think it goes without saying, but whichever seems easier. My guess is that it's probably easier to repair the "donor car" with bits from the "flooded car" than the other way around, unless there is structural damage to the car's "frame".

UPDATE

Still battling the wiring monster

gHqmVmv.jpg

Upper left is one of the sunroof motors behind the dash, clever placement
YgzkWY8.jpg

0RzWXwM.jpg

When I say this wiring harness is freaking huge... its freaking huge

QVp1vHB.jpg

like. huge.

nGzCUbE.jpg

Turns out its also attached to the front fuseboxes, so those have to come off as well

15v0DpR.jpg

The entire harness has to be sucked through this hole thats in the dash in front of the passenger. I swear it was like chidlbirth pushing that giant harness through.

kIHgEhK.jpg

DONE, only 15 more harnesses to go!!

hQMwrX2.jpg