Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repairing a Flooded Tesla Model S : HOW-TO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was able to capture all of my neighbors reactions in this pic below as they were driving by. No words were exchanged.

BoozerWoodsonFace.gif

I suppose you will want a video as well huh? Easily one of my favorite timelapses to date, watching the car wiggle and around and seemingly float into the garage on its own is mesmerizing.
It appears you jacked the middle of the car with the battery. Was there any danger of damaging the battery? I'm assuming the engine crane carried most of the weight while the jack mainly kept the car from tipping sideways?

It appears you jacked the middle of the car with the battery. Was there any danger of damaging the battery? I'm assuming the engine crane carried most of the weight while the jack mainly kept the car from tipping sideways?

If you read upthread, he had the pack out a while back - the jacking in the middle of the car in this timelapse clearly shows the frame rails well below the level of the middle - it's a bare shell at this point, with no drive unit and no battery pack. Probably half the weight of a full up car...

If you read upthread, he had the pack out a while back - the jacking in the middle of the car in this timelapse clearly shows the frame rails well below the level of the middle - it's a bare shell at this point, with no drive unit and no battery pack. Probably half the weight of a full up car...
Thanks for the clarification. When you mentioned the rail, I watched the timelapse again and can see what you're referring to.

I know it's kinda moot at this point, but could you have not jacked up the body and put two furniture dollies under the front and just slowly rolled the trailer out from under the shell?

the trailer has rugged and spiked rails so tires can grip to stay on the trailer, the tiny dolly wheels cannot move when they are on there...

its similar to a small rock getting stuck behind a metal wheel, it aint movin

UPDATE

While waiting for the next round of photos and witty banter I've decided to share a little story with you guys. Now I'm sure you've heard about the recent events with people crashing and the media immediately blaming auto pilot etc, but being known as "that random tesla guy" I've been getting many phone calls, emails and more side comments than I can count, I decided to post a few excerpts from the conversations that I've had with people...

Girl - so you have a tesla

me - yeah sort of...

Girl - hahah, don't use autopilot

me - why not?

Girl - because of that guy that died

me (sarcasm mode activated) - oh really? tell me more

Girl - yeah the car drove him into a trailer and he died

me - fascinating

UPDATE

me - hi, yeah I need to use your forlklift to take a friend's car off of a trailer

seemingly drunk towyard guy - k, what kind of car is it?

me - a tesla

seemingly drunk toward guy - oh, fancy

me - ok, soooo......

seemingly drunk towyard guy - what kind of car is it?

me - tesla, one of the electric cars

seemingly drunk towyard guy - ohhhhh yeaaaaaaaaaa

me - ?????

seemingly drunk towyard guy - I'll tell ya, oh f*cking man, yeah the car in the news right?

me (worried) - yes the car in the news

seemingly drunk toward guy - f*cking a yeah, I heard about that guy

me (still worried) - oh yeah?

seemingly drunk towyard guy - yeah, guy was in the backseat watching a movie and the ****ing car killed him

me - wow, I didnt hear about that

seemingly drunk towyard guy - yeah, guy paid 120k for a car to kill him

me (sarcasm mode activated) - REALLY?

seemingly drunk towyard guy - yeah

me - so it just killed him?

seemingly drunk towyard guy - yeah these dealers are lying to the customers telling them "hey you aint gotta worry about nothin, the car will do everything"

me - ok so can you move the car, orrrrrr?

seemingly drunk towyard guy - what happened to the car?

me - accident

seemingly drunk towyard guy- HAHA, f*cking self driving thing again

me - sir, I'm on a tight schedule he....

seemingly drunk towyard guy- all this ****ing technology

me - I can call around to see if another towya....

seemingly drunk towyard guy- what kind of car was it again?

me - T.E.S.L.A

seemingly drunk towyard guy- the electirc car????

me -
z9taf.jpg

UPDATE

me - hi, yeah I need to use your forlklift to take a friend's car off of a trailer

seemingly drunk towyard guy - k, what kind of car is it?

me - a tesla

seemingly drunk toward guy - oh, fancy

me - ok, soooo......

seemingly drunk towyard guy - what kind of car is it?

me - tesla, one of the electric cars

seemingly drunk towyard guy - ohhhhh yeaaaaaaaaaa

me - ?????

seemingly drunk towyard guy - I'll tell ya, oh f*cking man, yeah the car in the news right?

me (worried) - yes the car in the news

seemingly drunk toward guy - f*cking a yeah, I heard about that guy

me (still worried) - oh yeah?

seemingly drunk towyard guy - yeah, guy was in the backseat watching a movie and the ****ing car killed him

me - wow, I didnt hear about that

seemingly drunk towyard guy - yeah, guy paid 120k for a car to kill him

me (sarcasm mode activated) - REALLY?

seemingly drunk towyard guy - yeah

me - so it just killed him?

seemingly drunk towyard guy - yeah these dealers are lying to the customers telling them "hey you aint gotta worry about nothin, the car will do everything"

me - ok so can you move the car, orrrrrr?

seemingly drunk towyard guy - what happened to the car?

me - accident

seemingly drunk towyard guy- HAHA, f*cking self driving thing again

me - sir, I'm on a tight schedule he....

seemingly drunk towyard guy- all this ****ing technology

me - I can call around to see if another towya....

seemingly drunk towyard guy- what kind of car was it again?

me - T.E.S.L.A

seemingly drunk towyard guy- the electirc car????

me -
z9taf.jpg

I can't click funny and sad. So here::D:(

UPDATE

FYI, the reason why I'm so slow to post updates and work on the car is that my life is pretty damn busy this summer! So please bear with me! If its not one thing its another and I only really have an hour or 2 per night to finish this thing up, I'm sure many of you have lost interest at this point but I don't care and neither should you!

Now I loooove these cars and I've always been fascinated with what goes into building one, and best of all, what goes into wrecking one. Now this is something I do whenever I purchase a salvage vehicle, I get the insurance report!! This little gem accomplishes a few tasks...

1) Gives me part #s to most of the parts in the car without having to refer to the parts list
2) Gives me all pricing to the parts that are damaged without having to call Tesla service with 500 part # prices
3) Reminds me of how insane part prices are
4) Gives me a price point basis to sell the used parts

Lets take a look at the white P85 shell appraisal shall we?

OeZSlNj.jpg

Lets all rejoice that I got one with an onboard freaking computer!!!!!

9J7abPQ.jpg

Lets also talk about this massive whoopsie here... where is there an engine assembly at the front of a P85 non D? hmmmmmmmmm..... further down they also priced out axles as well, getting into well over 6k... hmmmm so the final price isn't so accurate now is it? Thats a heck of a screw up...

dnjVi6n.jpg

10k labor, 40k in parts...