Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

replace key and fob

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
would you have Tesla parts number(s)?

@utch. Hope the info in the image from the receipt below is helpful.
key service.jpg

Welcome to the Roadster family. My Roadster is very close in VIN# to yours and is also Thunder Grey. Enjoy.

• Informative
Reactions: Mark77a
20180814_080217.jpg
I just had two new key fobs programmed by the Seattle Service Center. It took one week to have them delivered to the shop. The 10 year old ones were pretty much toast. The total cost, with tax, was $101.88. It is SO nice to have new ones.

Reactions: ICON
I have for my 1.5 a spare key from my old key set. I got a new receiver and 2 new keys from tesla after a mishap at the SC with a key breaking while in the shop. All good only lost on of the keys now and thought of learning the old key to the new receiver. Tried to learn the key as described in the service manual by plugging the wires from the antenna under the steering wheel together and waiting for the beep etc only nothing is happening. What im I missing, anybody any experience with the 1.5 transponders? The hardware it self was not that expensive as I remember hearing the price only labor is that makes it expensive to replace the hole set again.

My roadster only came with one key. The SC doesn't seem to be able to find the proper replacement. Any ideas about replacing the FOB or is Tesla the only option? Cutting the key is easy, I'm not sure about programming the IMMO....

I just had mine replaced by the Houston North SC without any problems. I got 2 and they programmed them there. I couldn't figure out a way to get them programmed myself. Here is the part numbers and what was charged on 5/28/2018. You need BOTH the RKE keyfob and the die cut set for keys to go in the keyfob.

Part Quantity Unit Price
Transmitter,RKE systm,434 MHz,Rdstr2(6003342) 2 58.98 117.96
KEY CUT SET, R2 (2005581) 2 31.15 62.30
Total Parts 180.26

Hope this helps!

• Informative
Reactions: Mark77a
Just went to a locksmith to get some non-remote replacement keys.
Working perfectly. Just in case anyone ever needs the info, but the key blank for the Tesla Roadster 1.5 is "Ilco x168" or "Ilco B61" (the second one is apparently the "GM key blank name". I read that a HF59 key blank may also work.

• Informative
Reactions: Roadster