TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Replacement cord for HPWC?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by Justicepool, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Justicepool

Justicepool Member

I ran over the handle on my HPWC recently, and although it still functions, my OCD nature would like to replace it. I thought Tesla used to sell just the cords for the HPWC chagers, but I no longer see that option on the web site. Also, it doesn't appear the handle itself can be changed.

Anyone else gone through this?

2. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

I don't remember ever seeing any parts for HPWC... considering the drop in price to under $700, you could replace the whole thing... or just keep it the as is as long as it works.

3. pilotSteve

pilotSteve Member

Doe you purchase the HPWC wth your car (e.g. on the same order form)? If so the HPWC has the same 4 year warranty as the car. I suggest calling your service center.

My 2012 HPWC had the cable go bad and Tesla service came to my house and replaced it under warranty because it was purchased along wth th car.

4. mspohr

mspohr Active Member

Warranty probably doesn't cover running over it with the car.

• Like x 1
  5. PtG62901

PtG62901 Member

I'm thinking a call to the parts guy at the service center would yield you a price?

• Like x 1