Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacing center console slider with a wood finished slider from Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a delighted new owner of a Model S P100D. I really like the look of the center console slider in the Model X, that matches the rest of the trim, compared to the Model S slider that is simply black. Does anyone know if the Model X uses the exact same part of the S (except the finish of course). If so, would a part like that be easily ordered? Has anyone done this?

Have you asked Tesla? Seems like the most likely way to get useful information...

Yes, I spoke with my service advisor, and he said that he thought I would have to order the whole console, which seems silly. I asked him what would happen if someone working on the car scratched the wood slider on a model X. He still thought they would order a whole console, but he didn't say it convincingly, so I don't think he really knows.

Maybe not a perfect result, but I'm going to give it a try: RPM Tesla

I am a delighted new owner of a Model S P100D. I really like the look of the center console slider in the Model X, that matches the rest of the trim, compared to the Model S slider that is simply black. Does anyone know if the Model X uses the exact same part of the S (except the finish of course). If so, would a part like that be easily ordered? Has anyone done this?