Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacing Llumar CTX tint with Llumar Stratos worth it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi! I live in the desert. I have the Llumar CTX 30 on the front windows and Llumar Air 80 on the rear side windows on a Tesla Model Y.

I recently came across Stratos heat protective qualities and am preparing for summer. I despise driving in the heat.

I would replace the CTX 30 on fronts and Llumar Air80 on rear sides with the Stratos 30 on the front windows and Stratos 80 on rear sides.

Would the Stratos provide me a significantly better heat protection than the Llumar CTX/Air80?

Thanks

If it's heat rejection you're looking for, XPEL Prime XR Plus is hands down the best I've found. Haven't put on my MY yet cause I bought mine last fall so I wanna see how the native dyed glass that came with it works.

XPEL Prime XR Plus has any where from 94%-98% IR rejection depending on which level of tint you get
Source:

FR1 Stratos only has 63% IR rejection.
Source:

IRX is only about 62%
Source:

I have two model Ys. One has IRX. One has Stratos. Hands down, the Stratos is superior. The heat rejection in sunny California is amazing. That's not to say the IRX is poor, but the Stratos is on a level of its own.

I've got Stratos 40 on the fronts, and Air 80 on the rears. The Stratos dealer near me didn't stock 70 - and told me that 'it was backordered' and I wanted to be able to see out of my windows - so I opted for Air from a different shop.

As for IR rejection, it doesn't really matter. The factory glass already rejects a lot of the IR. Adding either IRX, Air, or Stratos - you'll be at 95+% IR rejection, likely 98+

Here are my measurements from Stock, and then tinted.

Last edited: