Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reported failure points in delivery process

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My order with a VIN assigned but with missing information on the order ticket has had a case opened and forwarded to IT... who I'm told doesn't work weekends. Should be addressed tomorrow, rep expects that will resolve my missing IDA (Currently assigned to NULL NULL) issue and prompt a delivery to be scheduled by end of week.

On Wednesday night, my VIN was 7 miles away from me and the nearest delivery site at a logistics location. It is now 30 miles away (through LA traffic) at the Marina Del Rey delivery center.

Reactions: neroden
How were you able to identify the distance for your VIN from delivery center lol. From what I've heard and saw myself, United roads websites is no longer letting customers track their VINs?
My order with a VIN assigned but with missing information on the order ticket has had a case opened and forwarded to IT... who I'm told doesn't work weekends. Should be addressed tomorrow, rep expects that will resolve my missing IDA (Currently assigned to NULL NULL) issue and prompt a delivery to be scheduled by end of week.

On Wednesday night, my VIN was 7 miles away from me and the nearest delivery site at a logistics location. It is now 30 miles away (through LA traffic) at the Marina Del Rey delivery center.

How were you able to identify the distance for your VIN from delivery center lol. From what I've heard and saw myself, United roads websites is no longer letting customers track their VINs?

I learned on Wednesday night that it was 7 miles away when the store employee was looking at my jacked up order ticket and tracked the VIN that was listed.

I learned that it was moved to a delivery center further away this morning when I called the 888 number and the rep I spoke with did the same thing.

It's a pretty good list that covers two out of three primary issues I had.

Issue #1 was covered and that was the DSA disappearing act before delivery. I didn't get a VIN or any confirmation that the car was ready to be picked up on the scheduled date.

Issue #2 was I was asked to sign the paperwork before inspecting the car, and before orientation. I can understand the logistical need for fast deliveries as they were delivering a lot of cars. But, I don't agree with buying before seeing. They were accommodating when I expressed the fact that I wasn't going to do that.

Issue #3 was the car wasn't in an acceptable condition to reasonably ask a person to take delivery. The detailers took care of most of it, and I got a due bill for a bumper alignment issue.

Okay so that's three issues that I strongly believe Tesla needs to fix in addition to the list the OP made.

There are some good things though just to balance it out a bit

1.) The service manager at the SC responded to my desperate 8pm at night email. That made the difference in cutting my vacation short and coming back home to pick it up. I didn't want to come back if the car wasn't even there. It wasn't the right person to email, but I did because of previous excellent service. So I really appreciate this persons dedication.

2.) The detailers were really accommodating and nice.

3.) Asides from the goof on the body alignment the car was awesome to drive. It's so bright I gotta wear shades. Err, actually its because I got the white interior.

Reactions: neroden
Major new clue regarding the computer system problems for people caught in "limbo":

Third visit to Tesla Burbank in a week. Associate Store Manager Gerald helped me for about 30 minutes. Saw a missing Delivery Object on my Opportunity Object (order item in their backend), the latter of which had a status matching a reservation, not an order.

A phone call to Order Ops from Gerald got the ball rolling on getting the database object fixed. Two hours later, got a "Next Steps" email, and 30 minutes past that I was on the phone with the delivery center and scheduled in minutes.

VIN is 044xxx, I'm scheduled for Friday pickup at Marina Del Rey. I'm assuming it was built months ago, matched to me soon after ordering, and been sitting a while as this nonsense got sorted out.

It looks like the people in "limbo" (early orders with no delivery advisor, not even a fake delivery date) need to reach "order ops". You can't reach them directly so you have to find some other Tesla person who is willing to get you to them. If the front-end Tesla people stonewall you, either get their manager or hang up and call again. Your order needs to be repaired in the database.

This is only appropriate for people who made their orders early and have heard *nothing*, not for the people on the delivery-date merry-go-round.

• Informative
Reactions: Jedi2155
Th is Neroden, honestly a new VIN is beginning to feel right.

For my education, can I ask why is pic 8c6 a serious problem? Didn’t upload all pics, but there is a similar issue to a lesser extend is in a different place too, where the paint fades to the point the metal/aluminium(?) is exposed.
Well, basically, you don't want large sections of unpainted exposed metal. That's all.

Major new clue regarding the computer system problems for people caught in "limbo":

It looks like the people in "limbo" (early orders with no delivery advisor, not even a fake delivery date) need to reach "order ops". You can't reach them directly so you have to find some other Tesla person who is willing to get you to them. If the front-end Tesla people stonewall you, either get their manager or hang up and call again. Your order needs to be repaired in the database.

This is only appropriate for people who made their orders early and have heard *nothing*, not for the people on the delivery-date merry-go-round.

Impossible for me to guess how many orderers still awaiting contact are sitting on a similarly messed up order ticket like I was. But something that was crucial to the delivery process was missing on mine, and every rep I spoke with had never seen anything like it and just emailed IDA after IDA manager who probably also had no clue what they were looking at.

It took an Associate Store Manager to look at it and say "this is messed up", get the name and number for the internal Order Ops team from his local Delivery Manager and store veteran, and make one phone call and one follow up email to get my ticket rectified.

I definitely advocate going into a store if you're able. See if anyone there recognizes anything amiss with your Opportunity Object or other database items. If they do and they can't fix it then and there, see if Order Ops can be contacted to correct the error.

Thanks again, neroden. Your encouragement in the OP really pushed me through this trying time. :)

8/6/16 res
6/27/18 order

I never heard a peep from Tesla. Earlier in the summer when I called the front line person quoted me an incorrect email address. When I pushed the issue she sort of dropped the subject

Yesterday I called and pushed the issue.. actually got someone competent. They have database issues for sure.. the woman said that they had emailed me for a delivery date earlier this week.. but again to the wrong email address.

An hour later my order page updated for trade in and finance info. I didn’t get a call back as promised but after filling in my info I called back again. I was told my case was escalated to a supervisor, but he wasn’t online. I’ll be calling back today for sure