Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Request: Video review from Plaid owner!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yoke a little strange this worked in tight turns

Attachments

• C4694FE0-FB1F-44A8-BB66-42259FF8483C.png
    C4694FE0-FB1F-44A8-BB66-42259FF8483C.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 161
Here is a new review by Marques Brownlee. In case you do not know him, he is a technology reviewer and a Model S owner. He either has or borrowed a Plaid Model S for this review. The thing about his perspective is that he is a highly respected reviewer of high tech gadgets like phones, so he is used to reviewing how well interfaces work, and is possibly more objective and thorough about the human interface aspects of the yoke and buttons than some reviewers. Quite interesting.

I watched Marques Brownlee's review and appreciated his observations/commentary of the yoke and I think he makes some valid points about touch buttons on the yoke. I also think he is on to something when he says the earliest buyers are enthusiasts and early adopters and are more open/willing to change their habits and adapt to using yoke instead of a wheel and buttons instead of stalk. Other buyers may not be that open-minded.

I have an MS LR on order for my wife. While I am a car guy and there is no doubt in my mind I would be ok using the yoke, my wife is the opposite. I am watching/reading yoke reviews very carefully and may end up cancelling the order just because of the yoke since the car is going to be for my wife.

Reactions: David29
Here is a new review by Marques Brownlee. In case you do not know him, he is a technology reviewer and a Model S owner. He either has or borrowed a Plaid Model S for this review. The thing about his perspective is that he is a highly respected reviewer of high tech gadgets like phones, so he is used to reviewing how well interfaces work, and is possibly more objective and thorough about the human interface aspects of the yoke and buttons than some reviewers. Quite interesting.

Thanks for that, good video!

Reactions: David29 and Wol747