Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rescheduled for the 3rd time...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How can you be paying for a loan if you never received the car? I'd follow up with your loan officer and let them know the situation. Maybe you will be fine since you never took delivery.

I asked today, loan is via Credit Union which is part of my company. They can redo all the paperwork, etc if delay was more than a week or so. Since delay was less, i am ok having loan beforehand.

@boriszima,

What is the recall for? Paint? Maybe they’re finally getting on top of this paint issue? Please post here when you find out.

Ski

It was paint. I called my ISA today, asked him on the status ans why. He said paint blemishes that needed to be polished/buffed out. I dont recall exact convo, but thats the gist of it

That would be cool. I haven’t gotten a new VIN yet and an address typo came back on my account, so I’m not feeling overly optimistic.

But I’m getting a black p3d with FSD and 18” wheels. Ive been postponing long drives I had planned lol.

Good luck on Model 3 performance, all the info about it say it will be the best car on the road now!

Another white AWD from MDR cancelled twice. “Logistics” they say. I’m still waiting for any new info, delivery date. Previous VIN disappeared also.

Hmm, maybe they gave your car away... just kidding. Hopefully Tesla resolves this.

I talked with my ISA, my car is ready for pick up tomorrow evening; VIN did not change. ISA said car is there, and ready. I am bringing my peeps to take a look to see what was the paint problems.

I curiously asked my ISA how many customers he works any given time, he said 70-200 is his usual workload. I am just lucky that whenever i call he picks up. Of course I am being courteous as I realize so far majority of the problems i had were nothing of his doing directly.

Anybody going to be there tomorrow? good luck @rich89 and @rextan55

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I asked today, loan is via Credit Union which is part of my company. They can redo all the paperwork, etc if delay was more than a week or so. Since delay was less, i am ok having loan beforehand.

It was paint. I called my ISA today, asked him on the status ans why. He said paint blemishes that needed to be polished/buffed out. I dont recall exact convo, but thats the gist of it

Good luck on Model 3 performance, all the info about it say it will be the best car on the road now!

Hmm, maybe they gave your car away... just kidding. Hopefully Tesla resolves this.

I talked with my ISA, my car is ready for pick up tomorrow evening; VIN did not change. ISA said car is there, and ready. I am bringing my peeps to take a look to see what was the paint problems.

I curiously asked my ISA how many customers he works any given time, he said 70-200 is his usual workload. I am just lucky that whenever i call he picks up. Of course I am being courteous as I realize so far majority of the problems i had were nothing of his doing directly.

dude im hopin, but the address typo was on my MVPA and no one contacted me today, so i doubt it. im pretty sure they gotta rewrite my contract since its gone now. either way, i’m hopin it goes real smoothly for ya!

No word from delivery center or my ISA yet. Hopefully they will get in touch tomorrow. I'm getting less and less excited about the car everyday :(. If I ever go pickup, my downer mood is going to totally kill the energy of the person delivering the car. Best of luck on your delivery! Please let us know how it goes.

No word from delivery center or my ISA yet. Hopefully they will get in touch tomorrow. I'm getting less and less excited about the car everyday :(. If I ever go pickup, my downer mood is going to totally kill the energy of the person delivering the car. Best of luck on your delivery! Please let us know how it goes.
I felt the same way after I was told i wont get my car, but its like a wave, it goes down and when you hear again about it, your heart starts pumping and you are riding high wave again.

dude im hopin, but the address typo was on my MVPA and no one contacted me today, so i doubt it. im pretty sure they gotta rewrite my contract since its gone now. either way, i’m hopin it goes real smoothly for ya!

glad you caught it, that means new document, new esig, etc.

Ill keep you dudes in the loop, best of luck.

Well this isn't looking good for my reschedule. Of course I can't get an answer from them because no one will pickup the phone.

I let the phone ring for 40 minutes before someone answered.. No real help but did say the factory wanted a group of cars checked for a second time prior to delivery and that mine was in that group.. He would not tell me what the issue was, how long it would be or even where the car is now.. Not sure if it is worse knowing there is possibly more than a logistical issue.. I feel that they need to tell me what is possibly or recently fixed with the car prior to delivery..

I let the phone ring for 40 minutes before someone answered.. No real help but did say the factory wanted a group of cars checked for a second time prior to delivery and that mine was in that group.. He would not tell me what the issue was, how long it would be or even where the car is now.. Not sure if it is worse knowing there is possibly more than a logistical issue.. I feel that they need to tell me what is possibly or recently fixed with the car prior to delivery..

I waited on hold for over an hour yesterday and no pickup. If it wasn't so far away I'd drive down to the delivery center to find out what exactly is going on. This is definitely unacceptable. No car buying experience should be this frustrating. Tesla needs to improve their communication if they want to compete with the other manufacturers.

I waited on hold for over an hour yesterday and no pickup. If it wasn't so far away I'd drive down to the delivery center to find out what exactly is going on. This is definitely unacceptable. No car buying experience should be this frustrating. Tesla needs to improve their communication if they want to compete with the other manufacturers.
Oh man, I am sorry. You tried calling your Inside Delivery Associate? rather than tesla?

Scheduled delivery Aug 18, Marina delray
Color OBM Black RWD
Got a call today from ISA today that the car didn't pass the inspection and had to reschedule it . They don't have a ETA .
Very cool, just got from there, huge place tons of space to look and inspect.

I finally picked up my car from Marina Del Ray. 5 mins to sign paperwork. Got information about Solar which i was interested in. Rep took her time to go over the car with me showing basic items. I did not feel rush at all, but there was some feeling of getting it done quick. Car is perfect, some glue or some gunk residue in center console that i notice and rep cleaned it up right away. Panels were perfect all around except hood and trunk, but it did not bother me.

I was told Marina Del Ray is the biggest Tesla Delivery Center in North America, i saw tons of cars there, great majority we model 3 of course

I hope it works out for you @rich89 and @rextan55 As majority of people said, its worth the wait!

• Informative
Oh man, I am sorry. You tried calling your Inside Delivery Associate? rather than tesla?

Very cool, just got from there, huge place tons of space to look and inspect.

I finally picked up my car from Marina Del Ray. 5 mins to sign paperwork. Got information about Solar which i was interested in. Rep took her time to go over the car with me showing basic items. I did not feel rush at all, but there was some feeling of getting it done quick. Car is perfect, some glue or some gunk residue in center console that i notice and rep cleaned it up right away. Panels were perfect all around except hood and trunk, but it did not bother me.

I was told Marina Del Ray is the biggest Tesla Delivery Center in North America, i saw tons of cars there, great majority we model 3 of course

I hope it works out for you @rich89 and @rextan55 As majority of people said, its worth the wait!

Nice!! Grats @boriszima ! Glad to hear some good news out of MDR.

Did they mention it was paint related?

I explicitly asked, to which i did not get the answer yes/no, but rather Tesla is striving to achieve even great level of perfection, so they inspected my car a long with others for second time prior to delivery. My IDA did allude to paint. I and my two people looked at the car for a while, did not find any imperfection with paint. I saw horror stories here, but luckily or as it should for new car, no problems at all.

I was able to get ahold of someone at the delivery center today. Car is awaiting a second inspection and they will not schedule a 2nd delivery date until it has passed that inspection. They said it could take a few days to a week for that inspection. God help me if it doesn't pass this inspection, I'm going to lose it.

• Informative
Reactions: boriszima
For those ending up with a 12/31 delivery I can’t imagine how crazy that will be. I imagine they will end up skipping the checks and fixing it after you take delivery. Most people will probably be ok with it to keep the 7500 credit.

For those ending up with a 12/31 delivery I can’t imagine how crazy that will be. I imagine they will end up skipping the checks and fixing it after you take delivery. Most people will probably be ok with it to keep the 7500 credit.

Imagine the rush to get cars out of the factory. Skipping any sort of QC and tests. Ouch. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if they are saving damaged/failed inventory specifically for December deliveries.

• Helpful
I was able to get ahold of someone at the delivery center today. Car is awaiting a second inspection and they will not schedule a 2nd delivery date until it has passed that inspection. They said it could take a few days to a week for that inspection. God help me if it doesn't pass this inspection, I'm going to lose it.

I got the same information yesterday as well.. New round of second QC inspections to improve the delivery quality.. I also found out that my DS has been off and they finally passed me to someone else who actually called me to again explain and apologize.. Fingers crossed that it will really be only a couple of days.. Maybe I will see you at MDR at delivery..